Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2022, 06:04 AM

308 posts, read 468,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Cool any links or renderings?
No, I learned of this from watching the city’s planning meeting. They had some renderings shown then. I believe one building will be three stories with shops on the first floor the other two buildings will be two story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 02:44 PM

Rumor has it that Publix will be building a store in Florence, I’m not so sure how accurate the source is but if this is true this would be welcome news!

Old 05-02-2022, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,219 times
I heard the same thing about Publix and supposedly it’s the plot of land across from the IGA on Ebenezer/Pine Needles near HopeHealth. I heard the deal will only go through if the bill for this fall goes through for alcohol sales on Sundays. If the bill doesn’t pass, they are backing out.

Old 05-02-2022, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFella View Post
I heard the same thing about Publix and supposedly it’s the plot of land across from the IGA on Ebenezer/Pine Needles near HopeHealth. I heard the deal will only go through if the bill for this fall goes through for alcohol sales on Sundays. If the bill doesn’t pass, they are backing out.
Interesting, the rumor I heard had it on the East side of town. I honestly believe… and hear me out here. That having a Bucees is going to open up a lot of other businesses to come in. Bucees is a destination type company, people go out of their way to locate a Bucees, and it will literally bring in 100s of thousands of people to that location if other Bucees locations are an indicator of what the Florence location can potentially attract.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:29 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFella View Post
They have built many stores in the upstate since the mid 90's back when places like Greenville had no alcohol sales on Sunday. I don't think that would stop them from coming to Florence. It's just one day a week.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:26 AM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
Interesting, the rumor I heard had it on the East side of town. I honestly believe… and hear me out here. That having a Bucees is going to open up a lot of other businesses to come in. Bucees is a destination type company, people go out of their way to locate a Bucees, and it will literally bring in 100s of thousands of people to that location if other Bucees locations are an indicator of what the Florence location can potentially attract.
Buc-ees big Grand Opening in Florence today with Gov. Henry McMaster cutting the ribbon.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:02 PM

634 posts, read 327,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
Rumor has it that Publix will be building a store in Florence, I’m not so sure how accurate the source is but if this is true this would be welcome news!
I hope it happens. More Publix locations in the midlands besides Columbia would mean maybe Sumter could land one at some point. I don't even want one to shop for groceries at (I mean, I would get groceries while there but it's not the main reason for wanting one); I just want one for their subs. For years I heard from Floridians that Publix has the best sub sandwiches. I didn't believe it but I finally tried one maybe two years ago and saw the light.
That buffalo chicken tender sub...

Old 06-02-2022, 07:36 PM

246 posts, read 432,067 times
Bids for Biscuitville have been rebid on as of May 26th

A sign is up at the corner of Hoffmeyer and Beltline
…It’s a Scrubbys Car Wash. Seems car washes are popping up as much as dollar stores.

Work on Cookout at 52 is going good from the looks of it.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:32 AM

Just some updates I've seen,

The Taco Bell going up by Bucees is going well,

They've started working on the land behind the McDonalds on Hwy 327.
This is for the new distribution center that will be the start of the Pee Dee Commerce Park West.
Area is going to be very different in a few years.

Jimmy Johns is going in the Starbuck's Shopping Center on Hwy 52 by Julie Bell's. This will be Florence's 2nd location.

Cookout on Hwy 52 is going well from the looks of it

The 2nd Planet Fitness location has opened on Irby

I've heard of Biscuitville coming to Lucas St/52, not sure where it will be going, but jobs are out for this location.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:37 AM

Also some interesting things found on project bids,

Chuck E Cheese has a bid out for $350,000 for sub bidding/construction,
Not sure if this is updating the current location, or moving the location,

Biscuitville has bids open, so that is confirming the location, but where is the question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina