Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2006, 03:16 PM

38 posts, read 145,724 times

Advertisements

We're new to this forum and thought we'd ask a question.

We are buying a house in Murrells Inlet off the 17 by-pass and expect to move in on February 2nd.

Do you have any suggestions for the best ISP for this area?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2006, 02:13 PM

4 posts, read 60,459 times
I have been very happy with Road Runner thru Time Warner Cable. Was not satisfied when using the service provided by Horry Telephone Co-op.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:56 PM

Default TW looks pretty good

I have been checking around I think you are right.
Thanks a lot.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:37 PM

40 posts, read 147,698 times
Smile Isp

YOU CANT BEAT ROADRUNNER HERE IN MURRELLS INLET. IT IS WITH TIME WARNER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterslaw View Post

We are buying a house in Murrells Inlet off the 17 by-pass and expect to move in on February 2nd.

Thanks.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:38 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,892 times
In that area, you're limited to basically TWC and HTC. Our work account with HTC is decent, but it's DSL instead of dial up.

You can't really go wrong with RR from TWC tho. Cable is where it's at! You might want to check on RR Lite also. They don't advertise it that much, but it comes at a discounted rate. If you're not doing lots of uploading/downloading it will serve you fine..

Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
I have the three 'fer with Time Warner (cable, telephone & internet) and have been quite satisfied. I think they are running a special if you sign up for all three now too for $99 or something similar.

I pay about $180 a month after taxes etc, that is with the HBO & High Def packages.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:26 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,892 times
My apologies... I didn't pay attn to the fact that this thread was several months old when I replied last night... DOH...

Old 02-04-2008, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
My apologies... I didn't pay attn to the fact that this thread was several months old when I replied last night... DOH...
No problem. I guess I should have come back and posted what I ended up with.

I did get the Roadrunner and TW TV, but the 3-pack bundle wasn't available here in Murrells Inlet YET. The 5000/386 serves me just fine. I got the SB900 wireless modem, but since the I laid cat5 under the hose, so I'll return the modem and exchange it for the standard. Knock off $9.95 for that one.

Digital Telephone is coming SOMEDAY to this area, but my Cell serves me fine.for right now.

All the providers have about the same prices now a days, so there isn't too much difference between them.

The HTC charges about the same as TWC, but here again there is no bundle available because HTC doesn't had cable TV here.

In the past I used Hughesnet Satellite when we were mobile, along with Directv. Satellite Internet is SLOW compared to cable.

Thanks to all those that helped. Pray for FIOS. LOL

Old 02-06-2008, 07:21 PM

40 posts, read 147,698 times
Default Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterslaw View Post

Thanks.
Time Warner is, without a doubt, the best. Roadrunner.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:52 AM

5 posts, read 8,452 times
Default Internet Provider

I just bought cable in Murrells Inlet. Since my HOA pays for this, I was wondering what the speed of the internet is like. HTC is pretty good so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina