U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2021, 05:25 PM

1,290 posts, read 594,471 times

Advertisements

Trump won more than 4 out of 10 voters in Charleston County voters but you are making it out like he basically won nothing.

He had to do well in the suburbs in Charleston County to offset the near 100% Biden won in the poor urban areas and wealthy areas.

I never said every Democrat voter is poor. Charleston is favorable demographically for Democrats because there are a lot of ultra wealthy people in addition to poor people. There are also a lot of young people there.

It has always surprised me the GOP wins much of anything in the eastern part of the state given it has a large minority population. The rural counties around the Charleston MSA counties are majority Democrat.

There's a good chance every state is going to go blue eventually due to immigration.

It would be interesting to see what the results are in Charleston if there was a rematch right now given Biden's approval numbers, and the recent election results in Columbia, Georgetown, and VIrginia.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 12-14-2021 at 05:52 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 06:28 PM

12,039 posts, read 17,069,777 times
I’m in an 85-89% white, relatively dense, middle-class section of James Island inside the Charleston city limits, and my section voted for Biden. A rematch might be about the fair and square winner vs. the sore loser, so we’ll never know how it would go if the election were held again next month. I see my area voting again for the fair and square winner.

Old 12-14-2021, 07:12 PM

The sore loser accusation is interesting given the implausible 'Russia collusion' hoax, created by your party and previous candidate who still claims it was stolen from her. I've never heard anybody with your views call her a sore loser. Al Gore also maintains he won the election in 2000.

There's no reason to trust your party, the same party that opposes photo ID to vote but doesn't oppose photo ID to get a vaccine or for any other reason.

If you were the victim of a 'Russia collusion' hoax or routinely called a 'white supremacist' by your political opponents, you would doubt the results as well.

I have never said there are no middle class or wealthy Democrat voters. You and others seem to have a problem with me pointing out there are a lot of poor Democratic voters in Charleston. These people are generally not ideological liberals. That's the only reason I point it out.

A point that I've made numerous times is that many Republican voters in SC are corporatists, not conservatives. An example is if a corporation wants to do a vaccine mandate on their employees, they are cool with that. Another example are Republicans who support illegal immigration because businesses want cheap labor.

Probably only 25% or so of Republican voters in SC are conservatives, according to my definition.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 12-14-2021 at 07:50 PM..

Old 12-14-2021, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
The sore loser accusation is interesting given the implausible 'Russia collusion' hoax, created by your party and previous candidate who still claims it was stolen from her. I've never heard anybody with your views call her a sore loser. Al Gore also maintains he won the election in 2000.

There's no reason to trust your party, the same party that opposes photo ID to vote but doesn't oppose photo ID to get a vaccine or for any other reason.

If you were the victim of a 'Russia collusion' hoax or routinely called a 'white supremacist' by your political opponents, you would doubt the results as well.

I have never said there are no middle class or wealthy Democrat voters. You and others seem to have a problem with me pointing out there are a lot of poor Democratic voters in Charleston. These people are generally not ideological liberals. That's the only reason I point it out.

A point that I've made numerous times is that many Republican voters in SC are corporatists, not conservatives. An example is if a corporation wants to do a vaccine mandate on their employees, they are cool with that. Another example are Republicans who support illegal immigration because businesses want cheap labor.

Probably only 25% or so of Republican voters in SC are conservatives, according to my definition.
She never said or insinuated, let alone adamantly insist for a year that votes were stolen or illegally added or subtracted at precincts on Election Day. And it’s not my party. I’m an independent voter. Believe that or not. It doesn’t matter to me.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:36 PM

You can google quotes of her and others saying he was an illegitimate president. It seems like an independent could acknowledge she questioned the election result. Somehow you missed the implausible Russia collusion accusation?

Your side including Mrs. Clinton routinely accuses GOP of voter suppression over rational policies designed to prevent voter fraud, like photo ID to vote.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 12-14-2021 at 08:58 PM..

Old 12-15-2021, 10:07 AM

That’s not the same as claiming falsely that she got more votes in certain precincts than he did but that those votes were rigged or tampered with. Her accusations were broader than that.

She didn’t claim “his side” cheated on Election Day. Her accusations were about what she believes went on during the campaign.

She conceded within a normal timeframe. He has never conceded.

I applied for Social Security with photocopies of my driver’s license and social security card. My mantra is VOTE BY PHONE!

As for everyone needing an i.d. to vote, they do, with rare exceptions and documentation that they don’t have a birth certificate and there isn’t a birth certificate on record because it was never recorded. Those people are still around but are dying out. I was a poll manager for six years, and the rules are strict and enforced, period.

Old 12-15-2021, 04:54 PM

She and others said Russia 'interfered' in the election on behalf of DJT.

This doesn't make any sense if you understand foreign policy positions and what happened in the world when she was Sec of State. Russia seized Crimea when she was in power.

It has been revealed the "Russia collusion' thing was based on a dossier put together by a law firm working for guess who. They were seeking to have him removed from office based on their Russia collusion hoax. Again, why would the victim of this hoax believe the same people would not commit vote fraud. That would be analogous to trusting Jussie Smollet to count votes accurately.

She and others also said there was voter suppression which would be a form of vote fraud. It doesn't make sense to say she conceded if she said he was an illegitimate president.

I've never presented South Carolina as a conservative paradise. I've pointed out many of the liberals I have met are from small towns in SC similar to you, and the culture at large corporations in SC tends to be liberal. My company's HR departments sends out emails about 'climate change' and 'white privilege'. It forces people to wear masks all day even at their desk including the vaccinated. The company plans to mandate daily covid tests for employees who don't provide evidence of vaccination.

Clemson had two professors who did 'research' on 'Russia interference' in the 2016 election, and an antifa professor who advocated violence against DJT voters. They cancelled Taco Thursday because one or two students said it was 'cultural appropriation'. It was just serving Mexican food in the cafeteria.

Liberals in general seem to be enamored with downtown Charleston and downtown Greenville so they both will probably be Portland in a 20 years. Greenville might hold out longer because it is a big engineering and manufacturing job metro, and engineers and people in other practical fields tend to be Republican.

Basically every newspaper in the state is run by Democratic voters.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 12-15-2021 at 05:32 PM..

Old 12-15-2021, 08:03 PM

Politicians claim each other did things during their campaigns all the time. Sometimes it’s true, sometimes not. Continuing to try to prove a candidate did underhanded things during the campaign is different from making claims that undermine your supporters’ trust in the election process on Election Day so that the most gullible of them will believe you were actually cheated out of votes in the key precincts you lost in. Apples and oranges.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:44 PM

The Russian collusion hoax was an attempt to have a elected president removed from office. This happened after she lost. There are many Democratic voters who seem believe he was an agent of Russia. It doesn't get more gullible than that.

Republicans have never trusted Democrats on election day. That isn't new with Trump. Your party says it is racist to require photo ID to vote.

It is logical to believe an organization that did the Russia collusion hoax would also commit voter fraud. It is gullible to believe that is not possible. The Russia collusion hoax was attempted voter fraud by deceiving voters.

I've seen you say numerous times on this forum that people in rural areas of SC are racist, people that you don't know. You and others with your views even suggested racist white people are holding Orangeburg back. I found this amusing because Orangeburg has a larger population than many majority white towns in SC.

This is from the Orangeburg County Chamber of commerce website:

"The past five years have proven to be unprecedented in terms of retail expansion. With population increases, a rise in per capita income, aggressive marketing efforts and industrial growth, the future of Orangeburg County is exciting. For six years in a row, Orangeburg County has enjoyed record industrial growth. More than 4,000 new manufacturing jobs have been created in the last six years."

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 12-15-2021 at 09:33 PM..

Old 12-16-2021, 07:24 AM

It. Is. Not. My. Party.

I. Am. An. Independent.

I don’t know rural South Carolinians I grew up with? Including the ones who post on Facebook?

I know all about Orangeburg County, past and present - Orangeburg City and Bowman country maternal roots since the mid 1700’s and still there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina