Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 08:13 AM

1,290 posts, read 784,069 times

Advertisements

I saw a guy claim he is libertarian and opposed vaccine mandates but saw the same person celebrating the vaccine mandate at Fort Jackson on a different forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 08:50 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
I saw a guy claim he is libertarian and opposed vaccine mandates but saw the same person celebrating the vaccine mandate at Fort Jackson on a different forum
Care to point out these incidences? Otherwise, once again, you're just making stuff up as you go along.

As a Veteran myself, I hold different standards for the general public and for those in uniform. When you join the military, you swear to follow the orders of the President of the United States.

For civilians, the government has no right to tell a person what to do with their body. Too hard to understand?

Old 12-16-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post

Bye Felicia. The Pfizer is approved. Why there is even any discussion of refusing a vaccine in the military is absurd. Don't want it, bye. Tomorrow. No bennies. No nothing. Just bye.

You posted this on the military forum.

Old 12-16-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
You posted this on the military forum.
Celebrating, huh?

I'll break it down for you into small, simple to understand pieces.

Bye Felicia.- Came from the movie Stripes.

The Pfizer is approved.-Since you took the quote completely out of context, the discussion revolved around mandating vaccines. In my time, they forced us to take the anthrax vaccine. No choice. Take it or get a Court Martial. To fully clarify, the anthrax vaccine was not FDA approved, like the Pfizer is.

Why there is even any discussion of refusing a vaccine in the military is absurd.- Totally absurd. It just doesn't happen. There is no discussion.

Don't want it, bye. Tomorrow. No bennies. No nothing. Just bye.- Fairly self explanatory.

I stand by that post. Fully and completely.

Old 12-16-2021, 05:24 PM

What I see is a person who wants to punish other people who want autonomy over what they put in their bodies. A young fit military man isn't likely to die from covid and the vaccines do not prevent spread. There are 60 plus people like Biden and Fauci and /or obese people who want to boss around young fit people on vaccines. There's nothing liberty based about their arguments. It is a group of people who treats other people like they are cattle.

And there are many people who already had covid and have natural immunity which is stronger than the experimental vaccine.

I recently posted an article about a 37 year old mother who died after getting one of the vaccines. You tried to argue it was made up.

More people have died this year than last year from covid despite the vaccine rollout this year and advances in therapeutics. Last year on these forums, it seem like every other post was somebody blaming DJT and his voters for covid. There have been more deaths under the next guy who claimed “Anyone who is responsible for that many deaths should not remain as President of the United States of America.” last year when the death count was 220,000.

I haven't seen any posts by the same people, the self described independents, moderates, centrists, libertarians, blaming the new guy. By his own standard, he has failed epically and should be removed from office.

This is the same guy who said DJT's travel ban on heavily infected China was racist and xenophobic, and then later said he took it more seriously than the guy who did the travel ban against Dr. Fauci's advice. It can't be described as 'moderate' to support a person like this. He's not a statesman.

Given the skyrocketing gas prices and inflation, the decision to leave Americans and service dogs and military equipment in Afghanistan during a poorly planned evacuation, more covid deaths this year than last, the gas shortage earlier this year, the economy, Russia's aggression regarding Ukraine, etc it is surprising 'independents' are motivated to tout their vote for Mr. Biden on here.

But it does a good job of illustrating SC is not a conservative utopia.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 12-16-2021 at 06:43 PM..

Old 12-16-2021, 07:15 PM

In the military, you have no autonomy. Period. They can control you to their standards. Standards may be changed at anytime. I get it that you could never do it. From the very little I've witnessed of you, you'd never make it.

I did not argue the article was made up. I said it was categorically untrue. The woman's name was Kassidi Kurrill. It is fair to use her name if you are going to use her to push your political views. Here is the follow up, from the New York Post:

https://nypost.com/2021/03/12/medica...ed-by-vaccine/

The rest is just ideological babble. I do not like Joe Biden. I do not like DJT. Hopefully in 2024 we get 2 people under 75 to run.

I know it's hard for a person who can't understand a simple concept like per capita, but just because a person disagrees with you does not automatically equate to the fully opposite side.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:19 PM

THe notion that military people cannot express their opinion about something is your authoritarian take on it. You were clearly excited about them being kicked out of the military yet you said you opposed vaccine mandates on this forum.

Nobody disputes the government under a certain organization can do whatever it wants. That's a problem for many people, not you.

You are the guy who thinks a per capita stat represents a probability and you seem to think your vaccine won't work unless other people are vaccinated.

You recently didn't recognize a famous Yogi Berra quote and tried to refute it. You also said a picture cannot capture charm which means photography has no purpose.

It is true that I wouldn't like being in the military. I'm not a 'take orders' kind of guy. You seem to be.

The woman I referenced was from Seattle, not Utah. The state of Washington confirmed she died from 'vaccine induced' something which is a big clue the vaccines are not as safe as advertised. https://nbc16.com/news/local/seattle...state-graduate She would still be alive today if not for the vaccine and she had virtually no risk of dying from covid given she was slender and young.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 12-16-2021 at 08:10 PM..

Old 12-16-2021, 07:33 PM

12,912 posts, read 18,756,320 times
My presidential vote was against DJT and I would vote that way again. It’s sad that neither party put up a better candidate.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:42 PM

Trump's record in office is as good as any president we've had. It doesn't make sense to say he was a bad candidate. Any Republican candidate that was able to flip Obama voters and win some historically blue states or have competitive losses in them had to be a great candidate.

Lowest black unemployment numbers ever is one example.

He's also the person who pushed the vaccines through so quickly when people with your views said it couldn't be done.

It is one of the wildest things to see a person touting the vaccines while at the same time beating up on the guy who got them to market quickly. Sometimes real life seems like fiction.

This is analogous to touting light bulbs while beating up on Thomas Edison.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 12-16-2021 at 08:12 PM..

Old 12-16-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
THe notion that military people cannot express their opinion about something is your authoritarian take on it. You were clearly excited about them being kicked out of the military yet you said you opposed vaccine mandates on this forum.
First I "celebrated", now it's "excited". I fully support kicking people out of the military that refuse to follow the lawful orders of the President of the United States. If you willingly disobey a lawful order, you should go to jail. Get over it. As I pointed out earlier, you couldn't handle it.

Quote:
Nobody disputes the government under a certain organization can do whatever it wants. That's a problem for many people, not you.
No, I only specified the military. No other part of the government. This is another of your many childish habits. You try to post an interpretation of someone's post and assign it to them as something they said.

Quote:
You are the guy who thinks a per capita stat represents a probability
Please dear sir, show me where I ever said anything like that?

Quote:
and you seem to think your vaccine won't work unless other people are vaccinated.
I do? Really? Not my feelings at all. Again, it's a very childish thing to try and assign things to other posters that they have never said, or implied.

Quote:
You recently didn't recognize a famous Yogi Berra quote and tried to refute it. You also said a picture cannot capture charm which means photography has no purpose.
Wow, you gleaned a lot from a single sentence, which wasn't directed at you. I said you can't determine charm about a place from a Google Street View. I stand by that.

Quote:
It is true that I wouldn't like being in the military. I'm not a 'take orders' kind of guy. You seem to be.
And yet you whine consistently about your liberal boss talking about Dem stuff. You couldn't handle it because you might have the thinnest skin of any person I have ever encountered.

Quote:
The woman I referenced was from Oregon, not Utah. The state of Oregon confirmed she died from 'vaccine induced' something.
She died from blood clots, caused by the J&J vaccine.

But again, this points to your absurd twisting of what people actually type and how you read it.

I commented that the truth sometimes comes out at a later point. A day later you said I "argued" that the family made it up.

This thread right here: South Carolina 10 year growth changes

My post is #104:

Possibly. The only source for her cause of death is her family. If she did indeed die of complications from a vaccine, there should have been an autopsy. There was a similar story many months back of a youngish woman dying from the vaccine. Fox ran it at the top of every hour. Only problem was, it wasn’t true. Her autopsy showed another cause of death.

Time will tell if all of it is true, or not. However, the internet world is after that story and the truth will come out.

Your "interpretation" is in post #135:

Yesterday, you tried to argue the family in Washington made up the 37 year old woman died from blood clotting due to the J&J vaccine. That has to be one of the most callous comments in the history of the internet. I suspect that if you owned a newspaper or tv network, you would have blocked that story from going out to the public.

(I bolded that bit myself because it is absolutely hilarious.)

Now, after seeing the actual words used, who has a more clear recollection of the facts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina