Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:35 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kealoha View Post
I am thinking about relocating to somewhere in SC within about 30 miles of the ocean. So far I am thinking of areas close to Beaufort or Georgetown. I would I would like to live somewhere that is less than an hour from beaches at state parks and areas where there is public beach access.

Previously I have vacationed at Harbour Island (near Beaufort) and Folly Beach, and took a day-trip to Edisto Island. All of these trips were in the "shoulder season", so we did not encounter a lot of crowds anywhere.

Now I am wondering how difficult it may be to actually get to public-access areas during the summer---as far as traffic jams and full parking lots. I realize there may be a lot of people ON the beach, I just want to be able to get there. I would appreciate anything anyone can share about this.
No problem getting there, just finding somewhere to park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 12:03 PM

21 posts, read 97,157 times
Very interesting discussion. Beachrules and mmMary, what you describe is what I was worried about. Thanks to all for the informative replies.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:12 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,094,353 times
Quote:
Hilton Head allows almost no access.
I've been visiting HHI for the past 24 years and never had a problem with any beach access. Parking is the only issue I've found there. If you can take a bike, you've got it made. When vacationing, I usually stay in Sea Pines (where I will live if I can ever afford a house there) and take bike paths or the free shuttle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina