Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:49 PM

3 posts, read 8,523 times

Advertisements

Aiken Chamber just announced 1.61 Billion in stimulous money heading to Aiken and the Savannah River Project. David Jameson of the Chamber said it would likely be a "windfall" of jobs to the area! From a Real Estate perspective I can tell you things have been very active this week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 06:40 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
MCG is an actual medical school, not an affiliated residental facilty, such as GHS.

God I love it when you UP'ers come out & play....

Gee, you must get all da ladiez!
Augusta still can't touch Greenville, they are behind Greenville in amenities. I'm familiar with both places. You are drawing at straws again.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:30 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,254 times
Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center is a good academic medical center, but I don't think it is on the same plane as the Medical College of Georgia. MCG is a large medical center with an excellent burn hospital and a solid reputation. Their medical school has been there a while and has a good reputation too. I would put MCG slightly behind MUSC in terms of prestige and reputation, but ahead of GHSUMC.

All are fine tertiary care medical centers which receive level 1 traumas as well as referrals from throughout the region. No reason for Greenville to hang its head on this one.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:15 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center is a good academic medical center, but I don't think it is on the same plane as the Medical College of Georgia. MCG is a large medical center with an excellent burn hospital and a solid reputation. Their medical school has been there a while and has a good reputation too. I would put MCG slightly behind MUSC in terms of prestige and reputation, but ahead of GHSUMC.

All are fine tertiary care medical centers which receive level 1 traumas as well as referrals from throughout the region. No reason for Greenville to hang its head on this one.
We're not. I wouldn't give up the amenities in Greenville and high quality of living for that. There is just so much to do here to me.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:09 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
We're not. I wouldn't give up the amenities in Greenville and high quality of living for that. There is just so much to do here to me.
I agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina