Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,802 times

Advertisements

Could anyone tell me where is a good place to move to in South Carolina? I am from a small town and currently work at University of Massachusetts and am thinking on relocating near Cottageville, S.C. but would like to work at a University or College.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 05:21 AM

843 posts, read 2,740,109 times
If you're from the NE, I think you'd like the Greenville area. There are several colleges there, and Clemson is down the road.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:02 PM

890 posts, read 4,318,516 times
Cottageville? It is in the middle of no where and there is literally nothing there except speed traps. Try Newberry, SC.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:56 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,454,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceezer View Post
If you're from the NE, I think you'd like the Greenville area. There are several colleges there, and Clemson is down the road.
I agree. Greenville has many transplants from all over, and a lot of diversity. Very "New South."

Old 08-18-2008, 12:25 PM

10,912 posts, read 21,883,005 times
Greenville, Spartanburg, Columbia, Aiken, Rock Hill...kind of a vague question but all of the places I mentioned have colleges that might work for you.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:34 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,416,066 times
Charleston has several colleges to choose from. And it is close to the beach. I agree Cottageville is out there with nothing and a long commute to Charleston.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:03 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,775,071 times
I live in the Greenville area and think that you'd really enjoy it here.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:01 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,803,455 times
Maybe the OP prefers a small town, which is why he/she mentioned Cottageville. Some people like to be "in the middle of nowhere."

Old 08-30-2008, 07:27 PM

774 posts, read 1,851,698 times
Default There are so many ...

I was just driving out of Greenville not long ago and popped into Clinton for something to eat ... and was AMAZED (I think it was Clinton) by how lovely the town looked ... once you got deep into it.

Greenville was ok ... but there are a lot of small towns around it that are nice too. I hear really good things about the Clemson area too.

St. Mathews sounds like a really good area and there are some small, quaint, very friendly places just south of Charlotte.

Spartenburg was friendly enough ... but there's a deep level of racism beneath the surface that erodes the quality of life and makes even the mainstream culture not quite as healthy as it would be without all the hate.

There are also some areas where the resentment is as hard as concrete. Case in point ... I was delivering to a large factory ... and I came down a road and there was a woman who's car had stopped in the middle of the road. She was white and lived there. The factory filled with big strong good old boys was just down the road. NO ONE stopped to help her.

I got out of my rig and pushed her car off to the side of the road ... amazed at how cold everyone seemed to be. Small towns can be hot or cold. Mean or friendly. Ususally blends of both ... but usually, if their mean to me ... a black person ... you might not want to move there either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina