Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 06:27 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,209,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound4NC
Winds here are normal. We get up to 100mph winds. 75mph is normal. It is seasonal, but we get them. It's our location. No water with it though.
hey there bound4NC...I am just curious...since I am originally from So Cal..are you speaking of the Santa Ana winds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2006, 07:13 PM

195 posts, read 217,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
hey there bound4NC...I am just curious...since I am originally from So Cal..are you speaking of the Santa Ana winds?
Hey LTC,
I don't think they call them Santa Ana winds up here in the "High Desert". Although, those winds can kick up too

Old 06-02-2006, 09:59 PM

8 posts, read 21,889 times
Quote:
Hey LTC,
I don't think they call them Santa Ana winds up here in the "High Desert". Although, those winds can kick up too
Hey Bound4NC..I used to live in the Palmdale, but moved back to my home town of Long Beach 5 years ago. Now we are also moving to FM. And boy did the wind blow in the high desert, it was a constant.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2mnc
Hey Bound4NC..I used to live in the Palmdale, but moved back to my home town of Long Beach 5 years ago. Now we are also moving to FM. And boy did the wind blow in the high desert, it was a constant.
We are close to this hill. The other side is Arrowhead and I think it funnels through here. I have seen it remove roofs before. Seriously. Did you already buy? My folks are thinking of moving to FM and buying as we are! Small world.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:
We are close to this hill. The other side is Arrowhead and I think it funnels through here. I have seen it remove roofs before. Seriously. Did you already buy? My folks are thinking of moving to FM and buying as we are! Small world.
No we haven't bought yet, as soon as we sell this house we're outta here. We may have to rent for awhile to find our perfect house. Don't know yet, what will happen with So Cal real estate market. There are so many houses out there for sale. My husband and I are thinking everyone has the same idea, cash out and move to a better place.

Old 06-03-2006, 06:01 PM

Default Sorry, did ou say you didn't want to be close to nuclear power?

Have a look at Google maps, and zoom in on the Ft Mill and Duke areas. You'll spot them, and they are definitly nuclear. Green Peace has come around, and is no longer taking a negative position on Nuclear energy being that carbon fuels are purported to be causing heat build up on earth. I take no position either way, but if nucler power is not your thing suggest you look 4 to 5 hundred miles N/S/E/W of Ft. Mill. Good hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripath
Hi all! Need some input, please.
We live in south Florida, and are ready to get out of here. Too many minuses.

South Carolina is in the mix, but we know little about it. We knew people in Raleigh, NC, and checked out, but are not sure it's for us.

We are both over fifty, though not by much (hehehe). Most of my life I worked in and with underground utilities, streets, sidewalks etc, that kind of stuff. Both new building and repair work. Right now I am an onsite rep for an engineering company, so I guess any work would have to be in the construction field.

We want to get out of here, the high prices, the crowding, the heat and humidity most of the year and especially away from the hurricanes. We are looking for a place that is not too crowded, with potential for building, not too close to a nuclear power plant, and far away enough from the coast that we would be minimally affected by hurricanes or other high windage weather things. We also have an interest in safety.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

thanks ahead of time

Rick

Old 06-03-2006, 06:36 PM

Where is the nuclear plant?

Old 06-03-2006, 08:00 PM

33 posts, read 168,993 times
Just moved to SC from Big Bear California and love it here.
Scott

Old 06-03-2006, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamint
Just moved to SC from Big Bear California and love it here.
Scott
You have a PM to check

Old 06-03-2006, 09:12 PM

104 posts, read 458,259 times
I also just moved from Southern California to Tega Cay in March. We LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't move back for all the money in the world!!!!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina