U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,002 times

Advertisements

Hi. As you have heard several times before, you will find no "cities" in between Charlotte and Columbia. Just a stretch of 77. However, if you were to live, say Blythewood maybe, you would be maybe 10 minutes away from Columbia and maybe 35-40 from Charlotte (not a bad drive either). Blythewood is a very pretty, semi-rural area with easy access to plenty to do. That is my suggestion. Winnsboro is much smaller, more of a drive to get to "things to do" and the schools could be better. Blythewood on the other hand is in a very good part of Richland 2. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2006, 05:22 PM

1,418 posts, read 5,026,298 times
I'd say Rock Hill, just south of Charlotte.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:05 PM

11 posts, read 36,202 times
I second Rock Hill--it's far enough outside of Charlotte to not be SUPER congested and it's a college town so there's more to do than a 'one horse town.'

Old 05-27-2009, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,022 times
whats a nice city to visit between Charlotte, NC and Simpsonville, SC. I know that Simpsonville and Charlotte is off of highway 85. Thanks

Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 PM

5,409 posts, read 9,451,854 times
Greenville is a great city to visit near Simpsonville. Simpsonville is on I-385, a few miles south of I-85 and a suburb of Greenville.

If you like outlet shopping, Gaffney has the Prime Outlet mall right off of I-85.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:53 AM

1,889 posts, read 3,345,459 times
I suggest Rock Hill.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:01 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,070,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Greenville is a great city to visit near Simpsonville. Simpsonville is on I-385, a few miles south of I-85 and a suburb of Greenville.

If you like outlet shopping, Gaffney has the Prime Outlet mall right off of I-85.
Greenville is not really 'in between' Charlotte & Simpsonville. I would agree on Gaffney or I'd suggest Spartanburg.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:39 PM

8,904 posts, read 13,452,445 times
If you're taking the interstate it is.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:02 PM

5,409 posts, read 9,451,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Greenville is not really 'in between' Charlotte & Simpsonville. I would agree on Gaffney or I'd suggest Spartanburg.
While Greenville may not be considered "in between" Charlotte and Simpsonville, most people would travel through part of the city on their way from one to the other. That is the most logical path to take, although there are other optional routes which take much longer. Without additional criteria regarding "a nice city to visit," it is difficult to know precisely what the inquiry is referring to. Of the cities along the path, none offer more overall options for visitors than Greenville, not to mention it is as nice a city as any along that stretch, by most people's standards. It is merely a suggestion based on very little criteria.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:34 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,070,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
While Greenville may not be considered "in between" Charlotte and Simpsonville, most people would travel through part of the city on their way from one to the other. That is the most logical path to take, although there are other optional routes which take much longer. Without additional criteria regarding "a nice city to visit," it is difficult to know precisely what the inquiry is referring to. Of the cities along the path, none offer more overall options for visitors than Greenville, not to mention it is as nice a city as any along that stretch, by most people's standards. It is merely a suggestion based on very little criteria.
I understand your point, and you're right, the criteria offered up in the question was very broad. I guess I looked at is say someone asked the same question, good places to visit between Charlotte & Camden, well technically the NE part of Columbia would be part of that trip, but the route wouldn't really take you into Columbia to see the heart of the city. That was my line of thinking in suggesting Greenville was not really in between Simpsonville & Charlotte, you might see the southeast portion of Greenville, but you wouldn't see the heart of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina