Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 PM

8 posts, read 24,007 times

Advertisements

You never hear any talk about Holly Hill ,Cross,Eutawville or Eutaw Springs. You would think as close as they are to the lakes these towns would be a desireable area! Are these lake area towns just too far out for jobs? Do people never move there? Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,533,449 times
The towns are very small, without out much in the way of employment. They are tightly knit communities, and it would be hard to just easily fit in, in my opinion. Many of the children in these towns go to private schools, they aren't in the public schools. If you don't have children in school, don't need a job, and not really interested in a big social life, it would be nice. Lots of land around, nice people, not too far from the lake. A long way to go for shopping though, even for groceries in some cases.

If you just like going to church, gardening, peach picking, fishing, it's nice. Teenagers probably wouldn't be too thrilled!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:05 PM

8 posts, read 24,007 times
Thanks for the reply. Actually it dont sound that bad. In retirement I may want to live in a town like that. No stores equals less traffic. Rural America just seems to be disappearing in most places. I am going to be in Walterboro in two weeks and will probably go to see these small towns. Thanks again.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:44 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,830 times
People don't want to live in a place with poor shopping, bad schools, low education, a poor economy, high heat & humidity, and relatively high crime. 95% of people on here ask for somewhere that specifically doesn't have those characteristics.

I like the Santee Cooper area, and I feel perfectly at home there. I more or less grew up there. But I think someone from suburban America would feel very isolated in a place like that.

I actually hope that those kinds of people don't move there. I like it the way that it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina