Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:37 PM

32 posts, read 107,496 times

Advertisements

LINCOLN S SAID : "I keep hearing there are various reasons for the flag. As a minority, would I be unwelcome at Maurice's? I have driven by and often wondered. Not looking to get locked up because someone says the wrong thing to me"

No one is unwelcomed at Maurices. I have seen black and white. He is not against anyone.. The whole idea (some will disagre with me) behind the flag issue is people telling him he can not fly it. Some people, like my self, do not think the flag is a bad thing.. It is part of my heritage.. Does that mean that I support slavery or dislike anyone? NO! Yes there are people who fly it for the wrong reasons and those people are the ones who have given it a bad name.

Now if blacks or whites go in there with an attitude or chip on their shoulder then they will respond back just as anyone else would.. My mother belongs to the Daughters of the Confederacy. Do you know who they gave a college scholorship to???? A black female.. Surely if they were racist they would have fixed that. You only hear the bad things on the news, never the good things..

It's like if you wore an African Pride shirt. Some might would take that as hate against whites, but you may only see it as you being proud of your heritage or race and I think that is fine. But what if someone came up to you and said "Sir you HAVE to remove that shirt because it offends some people" Hummm is this not a free country? People need to quit being so sensitive and try to understand others points of view.. IT IS NOT ABOUT HATE!!
He is there to make money. Why would he cut off half his business?

Last edited by rickynlevy; 10-19-2007 at 10:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 09:07 AM

96 posts, read 443,626 times
ive heard you can only travel through their buffet line one time. is this true ?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapscat View Post
ive heard you can only travel through their buffet line one time. is this true ?
I'm not sure about that I have not visited in a while since I no longer live where there is one nearby..

Old 10-21-2007, 09:20 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,874,805 times
As a NY'er I have begun to acquire a taste for pull-pork. I cannot call it BBQ in good conscience since BBQ, to me, is still cooking burgers & hots dogs. There is a place on Rte 17 just south of Pawleys Island called Hog Heaven. It looks like a roadside dive but I have had their pull-pork a few times and it is quite good, worth the stop if you can.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 AM

415 posts, read 2,333,945 times
First time my wife and I came to Columbia, she saw his signs and insisted we eat there, so we did and both of us found the BBQ to be the worst we had ever tasted.

Now we live here and about 6 months ago I thought I should give Maurice's another try so I had lunch there one day and ya know what it still sucks ,

Not sure how he can claim the best in town, , heck the best I had was to Smokey Bones on harbison,

Old 10-22-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwing View Post
First time my wife and I came to Columbia, she saw his signs and insisted we eat there, so we did and both of us found the BBQ to be the worst we had ever tasted.

Now we live here and about 6 months ago I thought I should give Maurice's another try so I had lunch there one day and ya know what it still sucks ,

Not sure how he can claim the best in town, , heck the best I had was to Smokey Bones on harbison,

I'm not all that fond of it either, some people really like it.. Now his brothers BBQ in Charleston at Bessingers is some of the best I have ever had, it is really good BBQ. It is located on HWY 17 south in Charleston.. They also have a buffet..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina