U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:37 AM

818 posts, read 2,185,759 times

Advertisements

Ummm. This is a TV show, i.e. entertainment. A bit like Tool Time. Good for a laugh, but it's not real life.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,790 times
Default Why not buy from a flipper?

One of you said you would never buy a house from a flipper and I was just wondering why?

Old 07-01-2007, 01:58 PM

1,959 posts, read 4,935,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephani View Post
One of you said you would never buy a house from a flipper and I was just wondering why?
If you watch the show, or other "flipper" shows for that matter you would know why.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:01 PM

1,959 posts, read 4,935,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
How many of you REALLY believe that the repairs they undertake are TRULY completed in FOUR or FIVE days?

Come on now... if that's the case I've got a few bridges and some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell ya... CHEAP..
So true. I think they get into more trouble than not. It's a TV show what goes on in 30 minutes does not show what ther're really like.

Turn the channel folks.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:15 PM

29 posts, read 102,387 times
Myrtle Beach deal. The house deal fell thru and was still on the market 1st week in April. I'll drive by to see if it's sold when I'm down there in August. I love all of his shows. He has a big heart. I could NOT believe that wino piece of trash left the house the way he did. Some folk do not deserve a second chance in life.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:06 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,357,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
Ummm. This is a TV show, i.e. entertainment. A bit like Tool Time. Good for a laugh, but it's not real life.
This is real life though. This guy made big bucks doing this a long time before it became a TV show. I do agree that editing has been made to make it entertaining to watch though.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:43 PM

9 posts, read 37,565 times
Smile Thanks, jenn02674

That is "ummm" what I was thinking. This is not a television show with fictional characters....it is reality TV. Yes, there are many edits, but I recently read several posts on another website, along with some articles about Richard Davis, and he insists that what he says about how long it takes, etc. is the honest truth. And that I do believe. They may have more workers than they show, and they may edit, but I believe Richard when he makes a statement. I think he is one of the honest ones.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:52 AM

1,516 posts, read 6,312,946 times
I know they film everything they do. They were recently working on a house in Garden City Beach and stopped in at the local realtors' offices to invite people to the open house. It was Dawn Nosal (sp?) and a camera crew was following her and filming her. After it's all done they edit the miles and miles of film they have down to the half hour TV show that we see. However, the purchase, renovation and open house all take place in the time they say it does.

RRUFAST - My husband agrees with you in hoping that they don't get rid of Ginger. She's the main reason he watches the show!

Old 07-06-2007, 02:00 PM

10,535 posts, read 12,764,845 times
I grew up with a lot of the people on the show and know them well. Their personalities are exactly like you see on the show. There is some editing and some creative work that goes into making the show. The timelines are generally pretty accurate as far as the work goes.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:01 PM

195 posts, read 205,454 times
I like Kevin Mahoney so much better than the young guy Dan. Dan seems so dopey and slow. Kevin was really funny I thought. And Richard seemed a little afraid of Kevin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina