Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 AM

130 posts, read 266,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantwarmerclimate View Post
Hello,
From Ohio and looking to relocate to SC. Not sure as to which area but need to get to where weather is warmer due to health reasons (not to mention, Im TIRED of SNOW and ICE!!!) Have always vacationed in Garden City but it and most of the coastal areas are way out of my price range......Also, looking for jobs from anything from Tech support, Customer Svc, Warehouse, Dispatching, Office work, and Data entry. Can anyone from this site please give me some suggestions on areas more inland w/ work availability. I do have a 10 yr old so, Im not looking to live where I need to keep my son inside all the time and where I dont have to carry a weapon with me. Also, I have to ask........Is it "true" that most SC's "hate" Ohioans, or is that just hear say???? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I wouild be very appreciative. Please email me at traumer@yahoo.com. Thanks :-)
Try Asheville-Hendersonville-Brevard areas of NC. Much more cosmopolitan than any area of SC and climate is better. Lots of Northen transplants. Lower temps and less humidity in summer. Will get some ice or snow in winter, but usually goes away in a couple of days unless actually living in a rural mountain area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantwarmerclimate View Post
Hello,
From Ohio and looking to relocate to SC. Not sure as to which area but need to get to where weather is warmer due to health reasons (not to mention, Im TIRED of SNOW and ICE!!!) Have always vacationed in Garden City but it and most of the coastal areas are way out of my price range......Also, looking for jobs from anything from Tech support, Customer Svc, Warehouse, Dispatching, Office work, and Data entry. Can anyone from this site please give me some suggestions on areas more inland w/ work availability. I do have a 10 yr old so, Im not looking to live where I need to keep my son inside all the time and where I dont have to carry a weapon with me. Also, I have to ask........Is it "true" that most SC's "hate" Ohioans, or is that just hear say???? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I wouild be very appreciative. Please email me at traumer@yahoo.com. Thanks :-)
Lol I have to say we don't hate Ohioans. My dad's and girlfriend's family is from there. We joke about it because it seems about everywhere I turn I see an Ohio plate. No matter what city I'm in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina