Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 06:28 PM

4 posts, read 20,381 times

Advertisements

Speak freely about YRT2 - I have heard through grapevines that some folks are filing a class-action against them as well as vendors and builders. This might be a good forum to get information. Let's see, we could start with employees who haven't been paid, business park owners/storage owners who haven't been paid, vendors, builders and the list can go on. Security systems that weren't monitored while homeowners were still paying, homes not finished, serviced communities that didn't/are still not receiving phone/TV/internet. We would like to hear your stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 7,807 times
Angry Why yrt2

Yes me and my family and countless neighbors have been left in the dark by these people they just up and left one day and because it was all done through fiber optic we still dont have phone cable or internet and this has been at least 5 months now and dont you know they had the ordasity to withdraw money from my account. Please give me information how to join that class action lawsuit........ Thanks April.B

Old 06-16-2009, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 7,697 times
I also was left "High&Dry" by YRT2. I went to their Greenville Office because my unit needed work. Since it was right after New Years - I tried a couple of times - Door locked, No one home. I finally fixed it myself. They kept on taking our checks though - right up until last month. I set off the alarm to check to see if we were still being monitored - but no one called. I have no idea how long I and my family were not protected - but I think they should be sued for every cent they may have left. Their whole installation process sucked - the cameras are in the wrong place - the equipment we were charged so much for I later found to be obsolete - they originally installed CAT5 cable when I paid for CAT 6 - and then to the wrong locations.

Does anyone have an update on these people?

Old 01-21-2010, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 6,677 times
How serious are you about filing a suit? Not only did YRT2 drop me and continue billing with no service, but Legacy Security Services did the same thing. I also asked Legacy to cancel my account. They agreed, but still billed me. Now another company, Safe Home has purchased the contracts. They also refuse to cancel the contract, and although I had a two year contract, they insist I had a 3 year contract.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:06 PM

4 posts, read 20,381 times
ktpendleton - Please call the SC LLR - they control licensing. Neither Legacy or Safe Home are registered to conduct Burglar Alarm Business in the State of South Carolina. Also, please review the contract that you signed with YRT2. On the rear of the form (can't remember the exact number), you are no longer bound contractually because you are no longer doing business with YRT2 or Security Central. You will never see any return of your money from YRT2. They owe in excess of $2million dollars to vendors. I would suggest that you contact SC LLR and file a complaint - also file a complaint with the SC Alarm Association concerning YRT2, Safe Home, and Legacy.
Let SC LLR know that YRT2 still has active licenses but they have been out of business for over a year. I am sorry to hear about all your dealings with them and I am personally glad to have that part of my life over with.

If you need a quality Burglar Alarm company to assist you for a relatively low price and has dealt with the paperwork and hassles with Legacy/Safe HOme/YRT2, please call 8432406541 and he'll get you going.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 5,832 times
Does anyone know if FiberOne is the same company as YRT2, but with a new name? I found the that some of the same folks that worked with YRT2 is now working with FiberOne and it is the same ole crappy customer service! I hate this and it's frustrating. All the folks in our neighborhood feel like we've been dealt a bad hand!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 5,772 times
Default YRT2 Contact Information

I had a similar experience with YRT2. My alarm went off and should have triggered a call to YRT2 to the police and to our house. When it didn't happen I began making phone calls to the number on my contract and looked for a website. When I discovered no website and the numbers were disconnected, I found this forum. Once I stopped payment for services, I received a notice in the mail for payment. I called YRT2 and they are going to have the person who bought the contracts contact me. The address and phone number on the invoice is:

YRT2, Inc
PO Box 86
Oakland, NJ 07436
Tel: (800) 650-1471

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalTech View Post
Speak freely about YRT2 - I have heard through grapevines that some folks are filing a class-action against them as well as vendors and builders. This might be a good forum to get information. Let's see, we could start with employees who haven't been paid, business park owners/storage owners who haven't been paid, vendors, builders and the list can go on. Security systems that weren't monitored while homeowners were still paying, homes not finished, serviced communities that didn't/are still not receiving phone/TV/internet. We would like to hear your stories.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:51 AM

13 posts, read 42,200 times
I called the number listed a few slots above and the gentleman who answered said he didnt know anything about installing security systems....guess the wrong number is listed

Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,920 times
YRT2 was one of the subcontracters when we built our new house in Bluffton, SC. After we closed and began living in the house, we discovered that they did not do the work that we had paid for in our contract.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 4,599 times
They charged me for a year after I moved out of my house for monitoring service. I gave them just shy of 90 days notice per the contract. They held me to 90 days and continued to charge me. There's no phone line connected...how did they monitor? Now they are trying to charge me a buyout. I sold the home and the contract is supposed to renew annually which I notified them well over a year ago. In the process of trying to get them to wipe these charges. Nothing is easy with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina