Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM

596 posts, read 937,683 times

Advertisements

I'm also on record as saying that I don't think state pols really need a plane given the fact SC isn't all that big and they are 2 hours from anywhere in SC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM

233 posts, read 282,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox35 View Post
again, you have tried to sweep away my point about Clemson paying to rent the plane out. If they paid to use the plane that would otherwise sit idle, doesn't that make your overall point less effective? I think so. If cash flow went from Clemson to our state government, it didn't cost the state anything. they actually made money.

I also have a hard time that Dabo is getting more favors from our state gov. than Spurrier. Spurrier is treated like a God in Columbia, nobody looks at Dabo that way even CLemson fans.

I think removing Moore was both political and leadership. If you don't share my views and I got elected, I would sack you. You do think she is entiteld to a position on that board b/c she gave money to the schools, it's a pay for play mentality. If you want political power, win a majority of votes. dont' expect political power b/c you gave money to something.
Let's make this simple for you. 1, it is wrong to use a state plane for football recruiting. If the plane is so idle that it can be used for non state business, sell the plane. 2, cost allocations. NClemson claims to have paid for use of the aircraft. However, determining. How much they paid and if that was appropriate is the question. Utilizing planes for short trips is expensive especially when flying from Columbia to Clemson to Georgia. Allocating the proper cost can be very subjective as cost allocations typically are. 3, it is just wrong to use state assets for these purposes. They are state airplanes, not to be used by Clemson. If Carolina is using them, they should stop.

Removing Moore was just to pay back a political favor. Darla Moore at one time was known A's the smartest women on Wall Street. She is not just a donor but brings a large skill set to the position, much more so than they guy who replaced her. And actually, the pay for play mentality is exactly what led to Darla's removal.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhammond View Post
Let's make this simple for you. 1, it is wrong to use a state plane for football recruiting. If the plane is so idle that it can be used for non state business, sell the plane. 2, cost allocations. NClemson claims to have paid for use of the aircraft. However, determining. How much they paid and if that was appropriate is the question. Utilizing planes for short trips is expensive especially when flying from Columbia to Clemson to Georgia. Allocating the proper cost can be very subjective as cost allocations typically are. 3, it is just wrong to use state assets for these purposes. They are state airplanes, not to be used by Clemson. If Carolina is using them, they should stop.

Removing Moore was just to pay back a political favor. Darla Moore at one time was known A's the smartest women on Wall Street. She is not just a donor but brings a large skill set to the position, much more so than they guy who replaced her. And actually, the pay for play mentality is exactly what led to Darla's removal.
Ok, i don't really disagree that much on the plane thing. My point is the state gov. wastes a lot more money on a lot of other things and guys like you have no problem with that, that is why you hate Haley and why you support Democrats.

Moore isn't the smartest woman on wall street but even if she was, she's a huge liberal Democrat who obviously does not want to advance Haley's political agenda. Haley has the right to appt two of her ppl to that board that Darla was on. You are criticizing Haley for appointing a donor while at the same time suggesting Darla should be there b/c she donated money. You are the one being the hypocrite on this. it's fun pointing it out too.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Ok, i don't really disagree that much on the plane thing. My point is the state gov. wastes a lot more money on a lot of other things and guys like you have no problem with that, that is why you hate Haley and why you support Democrats.

Moore isn't the smartest woman on wall street but even if she was, she's a huge liberal Democrat who obviously does not want to advance Haley's political agenda. Haley has the right to appt two of her ppl to that board that Darla was on. You are criticizing Haley for appointing a donor while at the same time suggesting Darla should be there b/c she donated money. You are the one being the hypocrite on this. it's fun pointing it out too.
You are having trouble with reading comprehension, I gave you many reasons why Darla Moore is more qualified to be on the board over Nikki's boy. Moore is a self made billionaire and you dismiss her because you "think" she is a liberal democrat? Interesting logic.....I would ask for proof but, you don't seem to have proof for your thoughts.

Glad you agree that it is not right for Clemson to use state aircraft, we could have settled that pages ago. If you want to talk politics, look to another page.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
You are having trouble with reading comprehension, I gave you many reasons why Darla Moore is more qualified to be on the board over Nikki's boy. Moore is a self made billionaire and you dismiss her because you "think" she is a liberal democrat? Interesting logic.....I would ask for proof but, you don't seem to have proof for your thoughts.

Glad you agree that it is not right for Clemson to use state aircraft, we could have settled that pages ago. If you want to talk politics, look to another page.
I dont think most people will agree with you that being rich is a reason why somebody should be on a board. Moore is a liberal Democrat, google is your friend, brother. You know what her politics are. Democrats like to label REpublicans the party of the rich as the REASON not to vote for us so it's humorous that you are now saying a "self made billionare" MUST be on some board that probably isn't all that important anyway.

I don't think it is necessarily "not right" for Clemson to use the aircraft if they are paying rent for it and it otherwise was going to sit idle. Again, gov. wastes much more money on other stuff, so I can't get too hot about this.

You can't get on here and complain about Haley and then act like you don't like political talk. that's what motivated you to bring it up, brother.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I dont think most people will agree with you that being rich is a reason why somebody should be on a board. Moore is a liberal Democrat, google is your friend, brother. You know what her politics are. Democrats like to label REpublicans the party of the rich as the REASON not to vote for us so it's humorous that you are now saying a "self made billionare" MUST be on some board that probably isn't all that important anyway.

I don't think it is necessarily "not right" for Clemson to use the aircraft if they are paying rent for it and it otherwise was going to sit idle. Again, gov. wastes much more money on other stuff, so I can't get too hot about this.

You can't get on here and complain about Haley and then act like you don't like political talk. that's what motivated you to bring it up, brother.
You don't comprehend well, let's spell this out. Moore should be on the board 1, she is well qualified, 2. She knows how to invest and run a business, 3. She is well connected with ptoenta donors. 4 she has experience in working with people on boards. Compare that with who Haley replaced her with. Hope that helps.

You should try talking about particular points rather than politics. I don't care who Darla Moore votes for, she is more than qualified to sit on the Carolina or Clemson board because of her business experience.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
You don't comprehend well, let's spell this out. Moore should be on the board 1, she is well qualified, 2. She knows how to invest and run a business, 3. She is well connected with ptoenta donors. 4 she has experience in working with people on boards. Compare that with who Haley replaced her with. Hope that helps.

You should try talking about particular points rather than politics. I don't care who Darla Moore votes for, she is more than qualified to sit on the Carolina or Clemson board because of her business experience.
government isn't a business. it's about ideas and if she's hostile to haley's ideas, why should haley appoint her. you can complain about moore all day but it won't change anything.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
government isn't a business. it's about ideas and if she's hostile to haley's ideas, why should haley appoint her. you can complain about moore all day but it won't change anything.
I'll take a business person with her (Moore) experience over a Lexington lawyer any day of the week. haley's ideas are not the best for Carolina, afterall, she is the one allowing Clemson to use a state airplane for recruiting football Players.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I'll take a business person with her (Moore) experience over a Lexington lawyer any day of the week. haley's ideas are not the best for Carolina, afterall, she is the one allowing Clemson to use a state airplane for recruiting football Players.
moore wants the state to spend more and to tax people more. a majority of people in sc reject that, and that is why haley won.

if moore is so awesome, let her run for office and we will see what happens. i think she will find her money won't buy her votes.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 PM

republicans also contend that Moore was able to use her position on the board to leverage more money for herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina