Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM

233 posts, read 282,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox35 View Post
moore wants the state to spend more and to tax people more. a majority of people in sc reject that, and that is why haley won.

if moore is so awesome, let her run for office and we will see what happens. i think she will find her money won't buy her votes.
That's nice if you are deep into politics. Bottom line is her resume is much better than Haley's boy. Who's talking about running for office, you bring up more diversions to get out of addressing the facts. I don't care what the republican party think, it is irrelevant to whether or not she is qualified to sit on the board at Carolina. It was incredibly dumb for Haley to place some guy on the board because he was a donor to her campaign. For once, address the qualifications of a person and quit labeling folks. Seems A's though you can't make a point so, everyone is a liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 01:24 PM

596 posts, read 937,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhammond View Post
That's nice if you are deep into politics. Bottom line is her resume is much better than Haley's boy. Who's talking about running for office, you bring up more diversions to get out of addressing the facts. I don't care what the republican party think, it is irrelevant to whether or not she is qualified to sit on the board at Carolina. It was incredibly dumb for Haley to place some guy on the board because he was a donor to her campaign. For once, address the qualifications of a person and quit labeling folks. Seems A's though you can't make a point so, everyone is a liberal.
Moore's qualifications in your mind is she is rich and she's given lots of money to the universities. I don't see that as a qualification and it's kind creepy to suggest that it is. Moore was not in charge of budgets so it's absurd to say her "business" experience is something we need, and if she is suggesting the state spend more on her pet projects when we are running deficits, one wonders about the nature of business experience. states need to be balancing their budget, something you seem to agree with re: Haley and the plane and Clemson, so why do you also support Moore who wants to spend money on things at a time when we need to be responsible and cut back? I think that I have effectively exposed your hypocrisy on this Clemson plane thing.

again, Haley has the right to appoint two people to this board. Moore seemed to think she was entitled to the position and woudl not call Haley back. It makes little sense to win a political office if you can't appoint ppl who agree with you on politics but are forced to keep somebody who is your political opponent simply b/c she has a lot of money and gave a lot of money to universities in the state. you want to treat Moore like she is a super citizen rather than a citizen and that is quite creepy in my mind.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Moore's qualifications in your mind is she is rich and she's given lots of money to the universities. I don't see that as a qualification and it's kind creepy to suggest that it is. Moore was not in charge of budgets so it's absurd to say her "business" experience is something we need, and if she is suggesting the state spend more on her pet projects when we are running deficits, one wonders about the nature of business experience. states need to be balancing their budget, something you seem to agree with re: Haley and the plane and Clemson, so why do you also support Moore who wants to spend money on things at a time when we need to be responsible and cut back? I think that I have effectively exposed your hypocrisy on this Clemson plane thing.

again, Haley has the right to appoint two people to this board. Moore seemed to think she was entitled to the position and woudl not call Haley back. It makes little sense to win a political office if you can't appoint ppl who agree with you on politics but are forced to keep somebody who is your political opponent simply b/c she has a lot of money and gave a lot of money to universities in the state. you want to treat Moore like she is a super citizen rather than a citizen and that is quite creepy in my mind.
LOL....you have absolutely no idea what you are writing. Moore's qualifications are tremendous in the business setting. To earn the money that she has on Wall Street, a lot of deals have to be successful. To have a successful deal, you need to understand the business you are investing in, the structure of the deal, the financials of the deal and the associated risks. In other words, must A's you do when running a university, you need to understand the big picture so that you make good decisions. Nfld her to be a billionaire, she has proven that she knows how to evaluate situations and how to run a business. Seems A's though you are yet again bringing up garbage about politics to try and prove a point. Do you understand or should we go deeper into how deals are put together, what metrics are evaluated, why etc.....

Haley does have a right to appoint people to the board, her appointments prove that she is not ready to be governor. Mark Sanford was also a republican governor who appointed Moore, he at least had the sense to know how positive she is for the school and state. Apparently, you feel as though only republicans are smart, interesting.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
LOL....you have absolutely no idea what you are writing. Moore's qualifications are tremendous in the business setting. To earn the money that she has on Wall Street, a lot of deals have to be successful. To have a successful deal, you need to understand the business you are investing in, the structure of the deal, the financials of the deal and the associated risks. In other words, must A's you do when running a university, you need to understand the big picture so that you make good decisions. Nfld her to be a billionaire, she has proven that she knows how to evaluate situations and how to run a business. Seems A's though you are yet again bringing up garbage about politics to try and prove a point. Do you understand or should we go deeper into how deals are put together, what metrics are evaluated, why etc.....

Haley does have a right to appoint people to the board, her appointments prove that she is not ready to be governor. Mark Sanford was also a republican governor who appointed Moore, he at least had the sense to know how positive she is for the school and state. Apparently, you feel as though only republicans are smart, interesting.
Moore may be a wonderful business person but that doesn't mean she is entitled to political power. I can give her props for her personal accomplishments all day but if she wants to raise taxes and increase spending when we have deficits, she shouldnt be in a political role. nobody voted for her and she's rich so I can't feel too sorry for her. if you want to weep for poor darla, go for it. People out there will a lot bigger problems than that. i'm more concerned with getting people back to work, not making sure some rich woman has a permanent seat on a political board.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM

you can complain all you want about me but it's clear as day you HATE Nikki Haley and that is what interests you in the Clemson plane thing. I don't think you are a conservative based on the things you have said, so you are only interested in scoring political points by making Haley out as a hypocrite. that's all fair game but you expose yourself to an analysis of your own politics and hypocrisy when you do that, and I had some fun with that.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
you can complain all you want about me but it's clear as day you HATE Nikki Haley and that is what interests you in the Clemson plane thing. I don't think you are a conservative based on the things you have said, so you are only interested in scoring political points by making Haley out as a hypocrite. that's all fair game but you expose yourself to an analysis of your own politics and hypocrisy when you do that, and I had some fun with that.
You are delusional if you think anything remotely close to that is reality. You are simply aging the typical neo con "if I don't understand, you are a liberal" statement. Haley made a huge error in appointing that lawyer over Moore and the republicans circle the wagon to protect poor Nikki.

The clemsonplane incident is an entirely separate issue removing Darla Moore, sad that you can't see it.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 PM

you are def. a liberal, brother. non-liberals don't use the neo-con term.

i think we have beat this to death now, i will let the good folk of city data forum judge the merits of our arguments.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM

I looked into this plane thing a bit more:

Clemson spokeswoman Cathy Sams says, "Using state airplanes is less costly for us than owning a second plane, and our usage helps the state generate revenue to offset their fixed costs of owning, maintaining and staffing flight operations."

Also, They pay market price to use it. It is available to all government agencies in South Carolina including the University of South Carolina. The Governor doesn't give permission or deny who can use it.

So the whole point of Vhammond's snarky post about the plane is moot. He's not right about it costing taxpayers. He's not right about it being Haley's decision.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I looked into this plane thing a bit more:

Clemson spokeswoman Cathy Sams says, "Using state airplanes is less costly for us than owning a second plane, and our usage helps the state generate revenue to offset their fixed costs of owning, maintaining and staffing flight operations."

Also, They pay market price to use it. It is available to all government agencies in South Carolina including the University of South Carolina. The Governor doesn't give permission or deny who can use it.

So the whole point of Vhammond's snarky post about the plane is moot. He's not right about it costing taxpayers. He's not right about it being Haley's decision.
LOL, Cathy SAMs. Got to love her response. First you did not believe it occurred, now you believe it is a benefit to SC. You really don't understand anything about internal cost allocations. I am sure it is a benefit to the state, assuming the costs are allocated to the flight in a Enron like manner.

But hey, thanks for proving that Clemson is using state aircraft for athletic department use.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
LOL, Cathy SAMs. Got to love her response. First you did not believe it occurred, now you believe it is a benefit to SC. You really don't understand anything about internal cost allocations. I am sure it is a benefit to the state, assuming the costs are allocated to the flight in a Enron like manner.

But hey, thanks for proving that Clemson is using state aircraft for athletic department use.
I never said it didn't occur, I said that I thought Clemson was paying for it. You never even acknowledged that they were paying for it. You said it was a cost to taxpayers, which isn't true.

You also said it was Haley's decision, again, not true.

It's hard for you to have crediblity on anything else if you say things that are not true on a consistent basis.

Haley also appointed an ethics commitee to look at this plane issue and it looks like they've decided to ban the universities from renting it out now, so we are just going to let the plane sit idle instead of the state making money off of it. This all b/c liberal Democrats wanted to score some political points on Haley, even though she had nothing to do with it being used. I love that liberals are trying to frame this as government waste but end up depriving the government of revenue. Winning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina