Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 02:46 PM

7 posts, read 17,705 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

First, I want to say how much I love this site and how helpful I think it is.

My husband is looking in different states, trying to find an RN program to get into. It sounds like their is a big shortage of nurses in SC. We some how stumbled across GVLTEC. Has anyone attended the RN program their? My husband called, and it sounded like he wouldn't have much problem getting in. They go by a weighed point system. We can't find exactly how they calculate that, if anyone knows, that would be great.

My husband is only lacking A&P2 and communication, which he is taking in the fall, here in KY.

Can anyone tell me this: If moving out of state, should grants or financail aid pay more, since college will cost more? It seems very exp there when being out of state.

Also, we have 2 boys that are school aged: First grade abd Forth grade. Are the schools pretty good? I did a search on Craigslist and it seems that apartments are actually pretty cheap there. We did look into miami...man its so expensive there. We are living off of unemployment, my husband got laid off in November, the ocmpany got into some trouble, I guess, and now my husband has the chance to go to school full time and have it paid for and be on unemployment...so he is taking the opportunity. Our income is very limited, the move would be pretty hard on us, but him going to school, it would be well worth the struggle for a while.

Also, we would be looking for a church there. I found one that sounded awesome, but its so big, I feel like going to a big church, we wouldn't get to know the pastor or many other people there. Fellowshipping and building real relationships with people is very important to us.

Info about us:

Been married for 9 years
He is 37, she is 28
3 kids: Kailen 9, Judah 5, Josiah 7 wks
Pets: 2 dogs, Zion 4, Yahoo 3 =)

I love myspace and facebook too =-)

Thanks so much for any and all info given to help us know we are making the right move!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 09:17 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica.davis2009 View Post
Hey everyone!

First, I want to say how much I love this site and how helpful I think it is.

My husband is looking in different states, trying to find an RN program to get into. It sounds like their is a big shortage of nurses in SC. We some how stumbled across GVLTEC. Has anyone attended the RN program their? My husband called, and it sounded like he wouldn't have much problem getting in. They go by a weighed point system. We can't find exactly how they calculate that, if anyone knows, that would be great.

My husband is only lacking A&P2 and communication, which he is taking in the fall, here in KY.

Can anyone tell me this: If moving out of state, should grants or financail aid pay more, since college will cost more? It seems very exp there when being out of state.

Also, we have 2 boys that are school aged: First grade abd Forth grade. Are the schools pretty good? I did a search on Craigslist and it seems that apartments are actually pretty cheap there. We did look into miami...man its so expensive there. We are living off of unemployment, my husband got laid off in November, the ocmpany got into some trouble, I guess, and now my husband has the chance to go to school full time and have it paid for and be on unemployment...so he is taking the opportunity. Our income is very limited, the move would be pretty hard on us, but him going to school, it would be well worth the struggle for a while.

Also, we would be looking for a church there. I found one that sounded awesome, but its so big, I feel like going to a big church, we wouldn't get to know the pastor or many other people there. Fellowshipping and building real relationships with people is very important to us.

Info about us:

Been married for 9 years
He is 37, she is 28
3 kids: Kailen 9, Judah 5, Josiah 7 wks
Pets: 2 dogs, Zion 4, Yahoo 3 =)

I love myspace and facebook too =-)

Thanks so much for any and all info given to help us know we are making the right move!!

I think that your husband would be considered out of state and would actually have to pay MORE than an in state student, regarding tuition. I believe you have to actually live in the state for a minimum of 1 full year to be considered *in state*. I hope this helped?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina