U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-16-2007, 12:40 PM

8 posts, read 15,836 times
Default surrounding cities

could someone please list the surrounding cities to

greenville
spartanburg
anderson
columbia

that pertain to this
smaller town, country living, hospitals near by, no traffic issues, low crime, quiet, are available jobs within 20-30minutes.

i know this is weird i really want to narrow as much info down before i go may 5th to visit these places, it would make it alot easier knowing where i should start looking.

kind regards,
marc ledder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 12:52 PM

64 posts, read 201,206 times
We moved to Orangeburg about a year ago. The population is listed as 12,500, but is more like 45,000 with the population that lives outside of town. Traffic issues are not a factor, we bought a nice house on 2 1/2 acres, reasonably priced and it's nice and quiet. It takes us 40 minutes to get to the south side of Columbia. They have a local hospital and quite a few nice restaurants since it is located on the interstate. Hope this helps.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 PM

8,190 posts, read 6,200,944 times
For Columbia, the top two that stand out in my mind are Camden and Newberry. There are others (e.g., Lexington, Blythewood, Irmo) that are more connected to Columbia that are getting more populated by the day, so traffic woes and the like are increasing.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:36 PM

5,409 posts, read 9,168,422 times
Greenville:
  • Powdersville-Wren (http://www.powdersville.com/default.aspx - broken link) - near the city, but has plenty of quality "rural" feel in places
  • Travelers Rest - beautiful rural areas north of the city
  • Blue Ridge - plenty of rural areas northeast of the city
  • Pickens - very, very beautiful, but very rural in most places
  • Piedmont - rural and less new development overall at this point in this southern suburb on the Saluda River
  • Pelzer-West Pelzer (http://www.thejournalonline.com/wpelzer.htm - broken link) - a little longer to drive, but this is a pretty rural area in Anderson County
  • Ware Place - south of the city, this is just a big crossroads area with nice rural farmland that is likely to be developed someday.
I know some of these may not be what you are looking for, but I feel pretty confident that you will find exactly what you want in one of them.

Last edited by Skyliner; 04-16-2007 at 09:44 PM..

Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 PM

64 posts, read 198,717 times
Greenwood is a nice town and its 50 minutes to Greenville or 1 1/2 to Columbia or Augusta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina