Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,312 times

Advertisements

Ok....can anyone advise why Mark Sanford landed at Charlotte's airport, then drove back to SC?

No flights to Columbia?

Just curious as to why he did this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 4,540 times
I read an article a few days ago where they quoted Sanford as saying "I hope the folks of South Carolina will let me finish the remainder of my term". My thoughts - what in the heck choice do we have? I have contacted my senator and expressed my feelings to him (in his response, he told me he AGREES with me that Sanford should resign!) - but what else can I/we do to get rid of him? (and yes, I know there are those who do not want him to leave the governorship) Do we stage a REVOLT, threaten to stop eating until he resigns, or what? LOL I mean seriously, guys, for those of use who want him "gone" - what can we do to speed up the process??

Old 08-26-2009, 06:48 PM

93 posts, read 196,981 times
I'm only commenting from the periphery as I do not reside in your state, although it's one we're considering and would feel much more certain about if the politics were more sensible. That being said, I'd advise anyone wanting to see our political system work as designed to put considerable pressure on your elected officials to live up to their responsibility. I've not studied the SC constitution but it likely spells out the recourse the state legislators should take to protect the best interests of the state when another elected official is seriously derelict in duty. Your governor has violated many laws and should be impeached by the state assembly. They should follow the example of IL or your legislators are abdicating their responsibility and should be voted out if not recalled. Sad to say, this seems to be the new American way as we allow our democracy to unravel.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:10 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,211,316 times
The same blogger that outed Larry Craig has made the same claims about Andre Bauer. This might have an effect of the willingness of SC GOPers to oust Sanford. While I don't see a problem with Bauer's sexual orientation as this is his private business, I can imagine that in the SC Republican party this would be an intolerable situation.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:49 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times
Sanford will survive to finish out his term for the simple reason that SC is one of the last bastions of warrior culture in North America, and therefore is male dominated.

And males give each other a pass on such indescretions.

Now, had it been a female................

Old 09-09-2009, 04:06 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
85 percent of GOP House members call for Sanford resignation - Local / Metro - The State
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina