U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 06:36 PM

1,042 posts, read 1,906,358 times

Advertisements

Any Areas That Get Snowfall?..........interested In Relocating There
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2006, 02:49 PM

35 posts, read 123,678 times
The western mountains may get a little at times, but no where else that I know

Old 07-15-2006, 08:46 AM

28 posts, read 108,496 times
here in gaston,20mi.sw of columbia,we got about an inch-3 years ago.We usually get an ice storm but no real snow.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:51 AM

783 posts, read 1,942,426 times
My friend lives in Charleston SC...he said in the winter time it might get chilly at night but warms up during the day. SC do not get snow like Michigan.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:46 PM

984 posts, read 1,053,228 times
Of course it snows in SC...Maybe not so much near the beach...But I live in Columbia and we get snow probably once or twice a year...Any further north than Columbia probably will get it a little more

Old 07-19-2006, 12:03 AM

80 posts, read 404,113 times
We lived in Spartanburg, SC for two years, moving there from MN. The first year we lived there, it snowed for one day, maybe about 6-8 inches. Everything closed down, even my husband's job. Very unusual for us coming from MN. There, it has to really be blowing and getting a couple feet before anything closes down. The kids there were thrilled and played in it all day. The next day, it was gone. The second year, we had light flurries a couple of times, but that's it.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:38 AM

89 posts, read 267,792 times
I live in Simpsonville we don't get much snow at all. And if we do it is never over 3 inch.. And when it does that much it is like a omg you better get too walmart and buy bread. Cause the world is comeing too a end kind of thing here lol...

I will never forget my first snow here It was pretty funny!! People don't really know what too do and don't get on the roads cause they don't know how to drive in it either!

Yet are driveing down here is pretty crazy any ways! But then again that is a diffirent story..

We do have ice storms tho and they can tend to be pretty bad esp when the power goes out. We had one last year and a couple years before that and are power was out for almost a week.. So really only thing too worry about is the ice...

Old 01-14-2010, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 32,717 times
does it snow there regulary in kershaw south carolina is it very much snow or does it last only few days??

Old 01-14-2010, 12:07 PM

177 posts, read 579,077 times
The areas that do get any snow only get a dusting and it will likely be gone in less than a day (unless it stays quite cold). Really need to get into the mountains before you find areas that do get snow and even then it can be hit-and-miss.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:30 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,036,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Valenzuela View Post
does it snow there regulary in kershaw south carolina is it very much snow or does it last only few days??
Kershaw is NE of Columbia so it's not much different than what Columbia gets; but when it 'snows' here, it's typically a dusting at best on the grass, and is often melted by the middle of the day. This the 3rd winter we've lived here, and thus far I can remember 2 times where it snowed and any of it stuck to the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina