Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 AM

344 posts, read 725,995 times

Advertisements

Why is it that people who leave New York come on a board like this to tell us how "inferior" everything here is to New York?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,476 times
For the same reason that people get on here and get upset because others share an opinion that is different from theirs. This is a free country and we can!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 AM

344 posts, read 725,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
For the same reason that people get on here and get upset because others share an opinion that is different from theirs. This is a free country and we can!
Who's upset? Just a shame you're missing out on such a wonderful life in New York.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
What The Hey.....Atlanta is a World Class City...Duh.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyterp View Post
Who's upset? Just a shame you're missing out on such a wonderful life in New York.
You must be upset, you asked the question!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:57 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Default No The Professional Say That ATLANTA GA Is A Gamma World Class City

Quote:
That is your opinion and I do not share it.
Sorry....But The Professionals Are saying That ATLANTA GA Is A World
Class City..Read The Rankings Sometime..Please Make Yourself More
Creditble......New York City Is A 1St Tier Alpha World Class City And
Los Angeles And Chicago Are 2Nd Tier Alpha World Class Cities...
San Francisco Is A 1St Tier Beta World Class City And Boston Is A
Lower Tier Beta World Class City The Classification Of Gamma Comes
After Beta And Atlanta Is A World Class Gamma City...You Sound Just
Like A Kid (or) You A Adult New Yorker Or A Kid New Yorker....

Old 09-25-2009, 03:24 PM

25 posts, read 64,110 times
Quote:
That is your opinion and I do not share it.
By definition, any city that has hosted the Olympics is a world class city.

Have a great day!

Old 09-25-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Sorry....But The Professionals Are saying That ATLANTA GA Is A World
Class City..Read The Rankings Sometime..Please Make Yourself More
Creditble......New York City Is A 1St Tier Alpha World Class City And
Los Angeles And Chicago Are 2Nd Tier Alpha World Class Cities...
San Francisco Is A 1St Tier Beta World Class City And Boston Is A
Lower Tier Beta World Class City The Classification Of Gamma Comes
After Beta And Atlanta Is A World Class Gamma City...You Sound Just
Like A Kid (or) You A Adult New Yorker Or A Kid New Yorker....
The title of this thread is about the size of these places according to perspectives. After living here in NYC all my life no Atlanta does not feel large. I don't care what article you quote. For the record it was NYC money, residents and interest in Atlanta that put that city on the map. You are one of these pushy people on here that tries to force your views on other people. My perspective is my perspective so save that nonsense for someone else.

From now on when you decide to get on here trying to disrespect people make sure your spelling is correct! Every computer has a spell check, try using it next time. CREDIBLE!!!

You jokers really make me laugh on this forum.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Since you love to bring up the superiority of New York City residents during your attacks against the legitimacy of native South Carolinians' opinions, how do you defend the outrageous school dropout rate in NYC? A questionable (possibly inflated) 56% graduation rate in 2008 (up from 46%) is nothing to be proud of, in my opinion. Precisely who is incompetent to debate here?

Old 09-25-2009, 05:39 PM

12,883 posts, read 18,736,837 times
Quote:
The title of this thread is about the size of these places according to perspectives. After living here in NYC all my life no Atlanta does not feel large. I don't care what article you quote. For the record it was NYC money, residents and interest in Atlanta that put that city on the map. You are one of these pushy people on here that tries to force your views on other people. My perspective is my perspective so save that nonsense for someone else.

From now on when you decide to get on here trying to disrespect people make sure your spelling is correct! Every computer has a spell check, try using it next time. CREDIBLE!!!

Since you called me anal for saying you need to drop the y and add ies to pluralize words that end in y when the y is preceded by a consonant and then said you were going to put me on ignore, it's looking more and more like your opinions are the only ones that count in your eyes. Cursing isn't allowed on here, so I'll just ask: Is it any wonder why the term d__ned Yankees was coined? I notice you never respond to anything I have to say anymore, so I guess you couldn't take the grammatically correct heat and really did put me on ignore. Oh, and I don't need spell check.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:

Yeah, it's not like Atlanta has hosted the Olympics or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina