Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 07:04 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,533,443 times

Advertisements

In SC are they different by county?
Just wondering because my neighbor got his 2nd DUI in SC a few weeks ago.
Not only that he hasn't had a drivers license nor insurance in the last 10 years.

Tonight he told me that his case is ahem "gone"...no court, no jail. By the way this Yahoo still drives, and drinks and drives as well.

He said " it's all about how much money you got". Money talks ...

I don't understand this. If you charged with a DUI how do you get off scott free? Not even in trouble for no license? Nothing.

Or is it just York County that is crooked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 07:37 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,011,905 times
I wonder about this as well, I know SC has lax punishment for DUIs, which is probably why we are one of the worst states in the country for drunk driving fatalities..

Old 09-13-2009, 09:34 AM

480 posts, read 874,525 times
That's ludicrous. How can the state let this public menace back on the road? Maybe you should contact MADD to see if there's anything you can do.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 PM

540 posts, read 1,673,904 times
Oh trust me, with first hand DUI knowledge...the laws are not strong enough, regardless of what they claim in their commercials.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:48 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,279,297 times
msr p i know a guy that has no license no insurance and drives 3 different cars with one license plate. so i don't think they care to much about it and that's in marlboro county.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:17 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,533,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
msr p i know a guy that has no license no insurance and drives 3 different cars with one license plate. so i don't think they care to much about it and that's in marlboro county.

I think you're right.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:42 PM

444 posts, read 1,244,039 times
This is a state that doesn't require helmets on motorcycles either, which baffles me. I've been here a year and I can't get used to that.

One small hit and you dead folks....Heads don't bounce.
Rant over...

Old 09-18-2009, 06:35 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,923,556 times
It's all over South Carolina!

Breaking News
thesunnews.com
Friday, Sep. 18, 2009
Myrtle Beach Woman Given Probation in Felony DUI Case
Tonya Root

A Myrtle Beach woman was given a suspended prison sentence after she pleaded guilty to an assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature charge related to a felony driving under the influence incident, according to the 15th Circuit Solicitor’s office.

Haley Galloway, 21, was charged with felony DUI, but plead guilty to the assault charge as part of a plea agreement, according to court officials. She was sentenced to six years in prison suspended after she serves four years probation and pays court costs.

Other details about the case were not immediately available.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:25 AM

89 posts, read 268,719 times
I'm more worried about people on their cell phones driving and oblivious to their surroundings...I saw one guy go right through a read light today...he didn't even know it - when he passed me I knew he had to be on his cell and I was right...two weeks ago I got pinned into the curb by a gal chatting away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisake View Post
That's ludicrous. How can the state let this public menace back on the road? Maybe you should contact MADD to see if there's anything you can do.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:30 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,279,297 times
i found out something really stupid from my neighbor. that you do not need a licence to drive a moped or registration or insurance. so they call them a DUI SCOOTER OR A DRUNK PED.. NOW THAT MAKES ALOT OF SENCE. no wonder why i see so many riding mowers at the local bars......lmao....rotf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina