Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,042 times

Advertisements

Kat2K - I am a husband of a beautiful wife and a father of a 1 year old boy with another on the way. I live down here in central FL (Orlando area) I have been thinking about moving and I love the SC life and history. I wanted to ask you about Summerville is that a good place to live. I am trying to get away from this fast pace life down here in Orlando...We can't stand it anymore. I have some concerns as well...I am a good old white boy who married a great Hispanic woman is there anything to worry about as far as that goes. I personally don't care what others "think" but I sure don't need any harassing going on. I honestly don't think it will be an issue but as I read some of these threads on the other forums I get a little sketchy.

Also what other areas should a family of 4 in there late 20's early 30's look at in SC (Charleston area)?

Thanks

Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
You should not have a problem. There may be some idiot that makes a remark at some point just like anywhere else, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

You may want to check out James Island, West Ashley, and Mt. Pleasant.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:44 PM

145 posts, read 359,201 times
Default Need Mayberry (maybe a little bigger)

plan 2 move 2 town close to ocean with low cost of living with law abiding residents and a donut or eaterie counter with a reg. "crowd"meed 2 make friends...im an imagery therapist who needs a home office and also rooms or apts 2 rent out...any suggestions?

Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 AM

12 posts, read 35,792 times
Thank goodness I found your post. My first time on here so I'm learning. If this does not post my email please respond to jjbabyone@hotmail.com. Ok, well, I am in the Sacramento, Ca area and hope to move in approx 1 1/2 to North Myrtle Beach or the surrounding areas. My husband is a cop and I am a 911 police operator. We are in our mid twenties and plan to sale our house here and move. I have noooo idea about SC and hope to get some info. I am from Santa Cruz and wanted to live by the beach again but am so tired of CA. Any info you can give will be appreciated. I noticed the job market for our profession doesn't look too hot unfortunatley

Old 07-17-2007, 11:02 AM

35 posts, read 121,073 times
Default My question is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat2k View Post
Thought I'd jump in on the discussions and start a post of my own ... SC native and I have lived in Beaufort, Greenville, Irmo, and for a short while stayed in Aiken. I have visited every city just about in SC [Greenville, Columbia, Charleston, Spartanburg, Aiken, Anderson, Florence, Sumter, Laurens, ect, you get the idea...big road trip taker here], and with my jobs in Greenville and Columbia, heard many of the dislikes and likes of the newcomers and people moving away, so maybe I can help some of you that are moving from another state, already in SC and moving somewhere else, or just visiting the state for a vacation. Moved to Brunswick, GA over 2 years ago for career reasons, but still keep up with all of the cities as much as possible and visit family a lot. I know my SC stuff.. I may not be able to help with neighborhoods and exact things like that, but can help with more general things.

Anyway, if anyone has a question about any of the cities in South Carolina, feel free to ask me and I'll try my best to answer.

Oh and ... I'm not a real estate agent or trying to make sales, just trying to help people out and share the information I know.

I was wondering if you could tell me of some nice small towns with a "main street" that would be worth looking at in the Upstate. I grew up in a small town and love old homes and would like to try to find something like that in SC. We would like to be within 1/2 hour of greenville but a little further like 45 min would be alright too!
Thank you again ,Bonnie

Old 07-17-2007, 11:58 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Pendleton is a nice little town with a pretty square at the center of town.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM

13 posts, read 68,514 times
Default Hey JENJEN ..I just sent you a private message

Hi there!
Click on private messages in the upper right corner of page

Old 07-17-2007, 12:14 PM

9 posts, read 21,137 times
any info on myrtle beach?

Old 08-05-2007, 03:40 PM

3 posts, read 8,343 times
SaveSouthCarolina-
I see that you mentioned Myrtle Beach as being a very high crime place. I'm originally from West Virginia and have currently been living in Orlando for over 2 years. I'm actually looking to move to Myrtle Beach. I'm an interior designer and I'm not sure what the market is like there for this, but I'm still doing research on that. What areas are nice that are near Myrtle Beach? How about North Myrtle??

Thanks!

Old 08-08-2007, 07:33 PM

265 posts, read 814,043 times
Question Questions for the natives

Hi, I have been reading the post here to be able to make an informed decision on relocating. I'm currently in Michigan and feel I must leave if I'm ever going to find a good job again. My background is in human services. I like the idea of living in a mountainous terrain or at least foothills. I don't like big bugs like those palmetto bugs I hear about. Snakes don't really bother me though. I have been researching S Carolina, N. Carolina and even Tenn., but Tenn. doesn't seem very friendly and I hear there isn't as many jobs there. Our kids are grown, but they will be relocating at some point also. Two of them may want to continue their college education out of Mich. Greenville/Spartanburg sounds promising but I would want to live outside of the city, in a smaller town. I like to garden, but someone told me that S Carolina is all red clay. Is that true? Also, are there swimming lakes there. or are they just fishing lakes. If any of you natives could provide me with some info I'd sure appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina