Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2007, 09:41 AM

17 posts, read 124,785 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Aiken/Augusta next month (June) and are having a difficult time finding a rental home or townhome. We do not want to live in an apartment again. We hated that atmosphere, and have enjoyed our peaceful neighborhood in the Wilmington, NC area where we've lived for years. I'm a NC native, and my husband is from GA..but not this area. We have had only 2 responses regarding townhome rentals and both are located in Augusta. We haven't found any rental homes that are in our price range. We are looking for a rental in a safe neighborhood, that is in good shape and not run down in appearance! It has to accept cats, as well. We are looking for something around Aiken, preferably, or perhaps North Augusta, but it's looking like Augusta may have to be the only place available. My husband has accepted a position at the SRS, but we don't want to be out in the rural part of the area. Any suggestions? I've done searches, but the one or two places I've found do not respond to inquiries. ?? We're looking for a townhome/rental home for $500-650 if possible..most likely we'll have to rent a townhouse over a home for that price..but with me not having a job moving down, we have to base our rent on a low amount. We don't want something junky and crime ridden. It's difficult b/c all I hear about Augusta is bad news..but it seemed nice when we visited. ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: