U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-17-2010, 06:03 AM

17,954 posts, read 5,553,953 times
Default Thank a Vet!

Today is POW/MIA Recognition Day. Please take a moment to honor those who were POWs, and the families of our MIAs who have never been able to welcome their loved ones home. We owe them all so much for their sacrifices.

Soldiers' Angels Germany: The Diggers of Belgium

Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 11:53 AM

17,176 posts, read 20,734,058 times
My flag is at half staff.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:44 PM

697 posts, read 625,323 times
i saw a poster advertising a poker run this weekend thats giving the proceeds to SD Honor Flight --i do beleive it was in Volin

Old 09-22-2010, 11:29 AM

230 posts, read 375,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
i saw a poster advertising a poker run this weekend thats giving the proceeds to SD Honor Flight --i do beleive it was in Volin
Hello everyone. Like I said before, I'm always around checking things out here and occasionally post. In regard to the above post, the SD Honor Flight is something I highly recommend people at least take a look at.

I started volunteering to help with this, but then got sick and was unable to continue. However, I would be remiss to allow an opportunity to remind people about this to pass.

As a active duty Soldier for over 20 years now, I have many times had people say "Thank You !!" for being a Solider. I quickly return the thanks and tell them I have only been able to do what I do because of the people that did it long before me. If not for the example of previous service members like the WWII vets and others (Korea, Vietnam, etc.) I don't think I'd be the Soldier I am today.

It is with that thought that I say "THANK YOU" to them and remind others of their sacrifice. Please take the extra mouse click and a couple of minutes to check out what the state is doing for these vets.

Thank you and have a good day !!!
HONOR FLIGHT SOUTH DAKOTA

Old 09-24-2010, 10:24 AM

33 posts, read 67,265 times
Thx to them 'And their families' .... !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2010, 11:59 AM

17,176 posts, read 20,734,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Mark View Post
Hello everyone. Like I said before, I'm always around checking things out here and occasionally post. In regard to the above post, the SD Honor Flight is something I highly recommend people at least take a look at.

I started volunteering to help with this, but then got sick and was unable to continue. However, I would be remiss to allow an opportunity to remind people about this to pass.

As a active duty Soldier for over 20 years now, I have many times had people say "Thank You !!" for being a Solider. I quickly return the thanks and tell them I have only been able to do what I do because of the people that did it long before me. If not for the example of previous service members like the WWII vets and others (Korea, Vietnam, etc.) I don't think I'd be the Soldier I am today.

It is with that thought that I say "THANK YOU" to them and remind others of their sacrifice. Please take the extra mouse click and a couple of minutes to check out what the state is doing for these vets.

Thank you and have a good day !!!
HONOR FLIGHT SOUTH DAKOTA
As a Vietnam Vet, I thank you. You have carried on a tradition that only a few can appreciate. I served from Nam to Desert Storm.

The one thing that I really apprciated is the fact that my Dad, at age 90 made the flight. He passed at 92 but he raved about his flight. He was able to see his borthers stones at Arlington. There is no better honor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota