Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 08:28 AM

72 posts, read 142,269 times

Advertisements

Hello guys I'm a college student from California that was accepted to many universities to transfer into and The University of South Dakota is one of them, my question is..Are any of you guys familiar with USD, any insights? How is the Vermillion area?

P.S. I also posted in North Dakota about UND, just letting you know so I won't get labeled a troll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 04:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
I am not a fan of USD. Not really a fan of Vermillion either. That is personal preferences. What is your area of study? They do have a decent Medical School. There is a Law School there as well. If I was going to law I'd look at University of Nebraska Lincoln.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am not a fan of USD. Not really a fan of Vermillion either. That is personal preferences. What is your area of study? They do have a decent Medical School. There is a Law School there as well. If I was going to law I'd look at University of Nebraska Lincoln.
Is there a particular reason why you don't like it? (i.e. former student?). Actually yes I wanted to be in medicine, rural medicine to be exact so I was planning in majoring in biology and apply to Sanford School of Medicine but I'm still an undergrad so I got a long way to go

Old 11-28-2010, 12:07 AM

Family tradition... SDSU is my preference. My niece is biology student as SDSU. Another niece is graduating from SDSU's nursing program this December. We have had several SDSU students.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:42 AM

171 posts, read 670,395 times
Hey ManyStates I'm actually in the same boat, I'm a college student from Cali looking to transfer to a school in South Dakota. Check out Black Hills State University, I've fallen in love with that school.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Family tradition... SDSU is my preference. My niece is biology student as SDSU. Another niece is graduating from SDSU's nursing program this December. We have had several SDSU students.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayy911 View Post
Hey ManyStates I'm actually in the same boat, I'm a college student from Cali looking to transfer to a school in South Dakota. Check out Black Hills State University, I've fallen in love with that school.
See I would think that USD would be more prestigious than SDSU, and BHSU, respectively. I looked up BHSU and it looks awesome and the city does too. Besides I already got accepted into USD so applying to another school seems like a waste although if I ever wanted to become a male nurse than those two universities would be nice

Old 11-28-2010, 02:54 PM

ManyStates, if you're looking for something prestigious in South Dakota, you might not want to come back to California after you graduate because pretty much every school here is more prestigious to any one in the Dakotas, so don't go just based on a University's prestige.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:10 PM

Well SDSU has a good reputation. USD is decent as well.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah in that area.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayy911 View Post
Yeah in that area.
What about outside of South Dakota??? I would think 1.USD 2. SDSU 3. BHSU does this sound about right because I need to be sure that my Bio degree would be worth something if Grad school doesn't pan out Thanks for your replies guys I really do appreciate them. I am planning on driving to USD, maybe I'll stop by and look at the others in December, is this a good idea or will roads be closed??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota