U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,078 times

Advertisements

Hi, forgive me if I'm doing this incorrectly, first time and all. We are relocating to Spearfish, don't want to buy right away. Kind of feel like we're getting the runaround from this property manager (he's telling us that rental houses are in high demand), Black Hills Pioneer is the only paper online I can find with classifieds, craigs list isn't showing anything either... can anyone point me in the right direction? we need to be there in 3-4 weeks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,196,541 times
HI and welcome to the forum!

Have you tried papers like the Hill City Prevailer or the Rapid City Journal? Rapid's paper is online, but I'm not sure about Hill City's paper. Let us know how you turn out after searching those papers.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:47 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,223,124 times
Newspapers of the World - Newslink

The above is the addy for a site that lists many of the newspapers in the world. Just go down to newspapers by state, click, then go to South Dakota, click, then to a newspaper that you think you can use.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:38 PM

3,940 posts, read 12,967,707 times
Your landlord may be correct about high demand. Spearfish is a huge college town and I believe classes begin August 25th.... therefore apartments may be filling up fast. I agree with the others, try the Rapid City Journal because it covers rentals and sales throughout the entire Black Hills region... Hill City's paper may only cover the Hill City area because it is so small.

Best of Luck! Any more questions don't hesitate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota