Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:34 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am pro prevention. Which thankfully for all is why I didn't and won't reproduce.
So am I.

That is why I always took steps to remain child free.....and thankfully, they worked.....had they failed, I would have aborted.

That is why I have good lighting, a dog, good locks {and I use them}, etc., and should they fail, I have a gun.

And guess what? I managed to do all of these things without professional counseling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 AM

697 posts, read 1,281,383 times
spoons made rosie is fat??? teaspoons or tablespoons?? dam why am I the last to know these things

Old 03-28-2011, 11:12 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
spoons made rosie is fat??? teaspoons or tablespoons?? dam why am I the last to know these things
Scoop shovels bilaterally.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It allows for a 3 day waiting period. Other things that require a waiting period: Purchasing a gun (2nd amendment right.) a divorce which requires a 60 day waiting period. The 3 day waiting period for this doesn't outlaw abortions. I wonder how this will apply to cases mothers health?

They should also have a 3 day waiting period for issuing marriage licenses.
Yes, but the gun store doesn't try and talk you out of the purchase. Same goes for a divorce. No one from the state is calling you up and telling you how it would be better if you stayed married and how it would be better for the children, etc.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:13 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Yes, but the gun store doesn't try and talk you out of the purchase. Same goes for a divorce. No one from the state is calling you up and telling you how it would be better if you stayed married and how it would be better for the children, etc.
I head that BS from several.

I made the point earlier that counselor bit should be removed. A doctors consultation should suffice.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:22 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Even if a gun is used to target shoot or is just a collectors item, it still has the potential to kill.

Your child could get the gun and kill someone with it, you could get in a fight with someone.....and in the heat of the moment.....use that gun to kill someone.

You should be counseled on all possible ramifications of owning a gun.

Now, this is not what I believe, but if we are going to use the mindset that we are not capable of thinking for ourselves........such counseling would be just as relevant as "abortion" counseling.
Comparing apples to oranges. An abortion stops a beating heart. A gun sitting on a table does not, nor does a car parked in a garage, or a bathtub that is unfilled with the drain plug pulled .

Please don't deflect from the subject at hand as one might do in the politics forum.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Comparing apples to oranges. An abortion stops a beating heart. A gun sitting on a table does not, nor does a car parked in a garage, or a bathtub that is unfilled with the drain plug pulled .

Please don't deflect from the subject at hand as one might do in the politics forum.
Factually inaccurate.

Depending on when the abortion occurs there may or may not be a heart beat.

Fetal development: The first trimester - MayoClinic.com

Also... don't forget my other post about the factual inaccuracies you seem to believe about abortion and Planned Parenthood in South Dakota.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

As I have said before, I am not the one who brought guns into the discussion.

However, as it pertains to the coercive counseling, I think it is spot on.

Tell me, is it all women, or just the pregnant ones, that are not capable of thinking for themselves?

Old 03-28-2011, 10:14 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
As I have said before, I am not the one who brought guns into the discussion.

However, as it pertains to the coercive counseling, I think it is spot on.

Tell me, is it all women, or just the pregnant ones, that are not capable of thinking for themselves?
You assume that everyone is like you.

Obviously there are plenty of people unable to think for themselves, pregnancy has nothing to do with it.

However, the most obvious way to show how uninformed and clueless our society truly is in regards to pregnancy would be to watch "16 and Pregnant" or "Teen Mom". I think both shows highlight just how absolutely dense our society has become in general.

I think it's naive to think that people in general are capable of thinking for themselves. Think about how many people watch Glenn Beck... most people prefer to be told what to think.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
-snip-

I think it's naive to think that people in general are capable of thinking for themselves. Think about how many people watch Glenn Beck... most people prefer to be told what to think.
The only problem I have with that is "What makes you think you can think better then me?" That's the mindset. The counselor could be single, never had a kid, fresh out of school, pro life. She/He is going to set down with you for a one hour session and be able to judge your entire life and know exactly what's going on in your life so that she/he can make an educated recommendation and counsel you? Or during that hour is she/he going to use it up giving you their beliefs and their agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota