Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 AM

5 posts, read 22,047 times

Advertisements

Thanks. I am checking schools on websites at this time. I have looked into some realestate in the dakota dunes area. Nice. club is expensive!..... but the high school does not have a band program.
We will be in the area the end of the month.
What are areas/ places we should "see for ourselves" be aware of both good and bad
before we make a decision???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 10:08 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,395,203 times
What kind of band program are you looking for? I came from a high school of 100 kids in grades 7-12...and we had a great band program.... Took trips to Chicago and Kansas City... For the good parts, I would recommend North Sioux City/McCook Lake...the outer edges of Sioux City, like Morningside and Sergeant Bluff... For bad, I would visit Sioux City itself...if you take I-29, you will get a "feel" for the city...lots of factories/"dirty" feeling... It's not a huge area really, so just drive around... Good luck!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,903,452 times
I agree with mjgustafson on driving around the community. There are good areas of Sioux City, but do not pop right out in front of you as they would more so in Sioux Falls. Northern Sioux City on north Hamilton Blvd. has good areas which was considered an "old money" area by a college friend who lived near Sioux City. Morningside and areas near the mall are decent along with the other areas suggested by mjgustafson.

It would also be good to post your question on the Iowa forum and you may get additional resources there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota