Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,847,652 times

Advertisements

My wife and I recently stopped at Botticelli's Italian resturant in Rapid and enjoyed a couple of the best pasta dishes we have ever had. Apparently they do all or much of their cooking from scratch and it is very good. The thought occurred to me that most resturants get processed meals from a supplier, then heat & serve them as they are ordered. Since I have been trying to stay away from processed foods, I was wondering if the posters here know of other resturants in the Black Hills that cook from scratch? I know the Hat Creek Grill in Edgemont does their meals from scratch, but I am not sure of any others.

uh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,101,188 times
Lintz Brothers Pizza in Hermosa? SD4020, can you confirm?

I would love to know what others do, too!

Old 04-15-2013, 12:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,650,738 times
Yes, Lintz Brother's is the bomb.com. At least it was last night. It is all fresh and made in house. Others Colonial House in Rapid, The Wrangler in Cluster. Sugar Shack is a great burger place. The firehouse is also on their game. I am certain they all use mostly cooked from scratch.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:23 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,538,324 times
Mmmmmm....Lintz Brothers!!!!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Mmmmmm....Lintz Brothers!!!!
Weren't we just there?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,847,652 times
I have to add the Burger Bun in Custer to our list. It might be the best place in the Black Hills for a burger, beer, and home made sides & deserts. Prices are resonable. The place is small and busy so it is best to go there on off hours. It is located about 1/2 block north of Mt Rushmore Rd at the middle light.

uh

Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleharley View Post
I have to add the Burger Bun in Custer to our list. It might be the best place in the Black Hills for a burger, beer, and home made sides & deserts. Prices are resonable. The place is small and busy so it is best to go there on off hours. It is located about 1/2 block north of Mt Rushmore Rd at the middle light.

uh
I've heard good things about that place. I was up there one day for an appointment, only to find out it was cancelled. The next time we were there I couldn't remember the place to save my life.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:44 PM

472 posts, read 568,916 times
I've worked in restaurants and none of them bought pre-made stuff except maybe frozen steaks, but not whole dishes. That includes a chain steakhouse that I worked in (Ponderosa). I know some restaurants do, just saying aside from McDonalds and such, most of them do a lot of preparation themselves.

Also for my own cooking, and I am pretty picky, when tomatoes are out of season I'll buy canned crushed tomatoes since they're better than the fresh ones, that time of year. Even many classy restaurants will do the same. Just an example of when "from scratch" isn't always best.

By the way, I visited SD in summer, including Rapid City, and I LOVED it.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:10 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,101,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleharley View Post

uh
LOVE Burger & Bun! They have the most amazing bread & butter pickles! I think my daughter would order just a plate of the pickles, if I would let her! They have a limited menu, but they usually have a fun special to try, and their desserts are incredible ~ the prices are reasonable, the service is great, and the food is delicious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota