Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:53 PM

21 posts, read 83,505 times

Advertisements

This thread is humorous.

"Thank you! I'll be here all week."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 08:11 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmandeux View Post
Sorry you had to go through so much scrutiny in our state

Jammie, there is no need to feel sorry for me. The trooper didn't waterboard me into signing a confession. He pulled me over for drinking milk and it's my fault that I allowed him to escalate the incident into a drug search. I thought compliance was the best choice at the time but hindsight is always 20/20. I should have been properly indignant and challenged him to either write the ticket, arrest me or leave me alone.

Yeah, you should have.

Shame on these people who say, "Oh, sorry, but I'm glad the cops are doing their job." They're not doing their job. They're harassing people. I wonder when people are going to stop cowering in the face of our police state and demand a stop to this ...

Old 11-17-2007, 11:21 PM

14 posts, read 41,393 times
I-90 IS the best interstate for drug trafficers. The SD state Patrol has gone through training for this type of thing within the last year. Funny, I had an interview with a Assessors office in SD a few years back, they go into peoples homes, I asked if they ever had done any drug type of what to look for classes for their employees...... The response???? We are in SD those things do not happen here....... WOWWWWW maybe I am just more cautious having grown up in Colorado and in a small town where it was easy to find drugs..... Or maybe I am just paranoid, but for someone to say SD has NO drug problem is just not right. Of course I did not take the job, and am now happily back in Colo.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:04 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,430,479 times
Tracy, you just bumped into someone who was naieve. (sp?) We don't have huge drug problems or gang problems here or a lot of crime and violence, but we do have SOME.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:07 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,312 times
I agree with Jammie. I would like to add that I see on TV about the drug busts that take place when the cops/highway patrol pull people from the West Coast over by Wall/Kadoka areas. I am glad the cops are tryting to do their part in trying to stem the drug trade and keeping South Dakota a safe place.

I am thinking that some of the drug trafficking shifted north due to the partol getting tough on the I-80 route in Nebraska. The same goes for those who are trafficking illegal immigrants. I have heard that they are being transported on I-90 as opposed to I-80 due to the police cracking down in Nebraska.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:57 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,430,479 times
HMMMM, well hopefully they'll get the highway patrol to start watching for that, too.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 PM

Here's an update just to wrap a bow around this thread. Three weeks ago I visited the SDHP website and filled out the "comment page." I wrote that I appreciate law enforcement - several of my friends and family are sworn officers - but I did not appreciate being pulled over and having my car searched for drugs because I was drinking milk in South Dakota. Before sending the comment I checked the box "reply required."

After 3 weeks SDHP hasn't replied; they won't.

Sioux City TV news and a SD newspaper editor both offered me a chance to use their media as a forum to air out my differences with the trooper. I declined both offers.

This Thursday ABC's Good Morning America comes to my neck of the woods to broadcast our semi-famous town Christmas Lighting ceremony. I'll be the one drinking milk on-camera. (It's okay ... that's still legal here in Washington state.)

Old 11-27-2007, 07:29 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,152 times
I'll surely be watching for you!

... and snipers.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 PM

I'll surely be watching for you!

... and snipers.

Let me worry about snipers. I grew up in rural NW Missouri blowing charcoal briquettes out of the air with a little Remington Model 12 (slide-action .22 rifle). I haven't lost my touch ... and now I have a 300 Win Mag.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:12 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,038,378 times
I only use a Garand. 2000 yards, ding em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota