Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 10:00 AM

36 posts, read 103,904 times

Advertisements

Hello all. Just like to ask what the weather will be like at the end of February? For which i am booking a flight to Sioux Falls on the 25th of February and will be there for a week with my wife. I will be in Mitchell on Monday the 25th. And the to Aberdeen then to RC. Will be house seaching while we are there. Wish us luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 10:40 AM

190 posts, read 431,237 times
Newman Fan,
The weather the end of February is anyones guess.
All winter long, it could be snowing, and 10 degrees one day, and shirt sleeves the next.
Today Rapid City is 40 degrees, no snow on the ground any more. Last week the wind
chill temps were hovering at -30 during the day.
Bob

Old 02-02-2008, 01:05 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,325,994 times
Yup, what he said.

I really don't want you to feel like you're going away without an answer though. Here are two links that will tell you the average temps for each month. But honestly, it's really hard to tell. It could be 50 above or it could be 20 below. AND welcome to our state and I do wish you good luck.

Average Weather for Mitchell, SD - Temperature and Precipitation

Mitchell, South Dakota (SD) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Sioux Falls is generally a few degrees cooler then Mitchell and it has happened that we've had a raging ice storm and Sioux Falls has just had a couple inches of snow. But the two cities are only about 70 miles apart so these links should help a bit.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:16 PM

36 posts, read 103,904 times
I would like to thank you sdgoldpanner and Jammie for the info. But that still is not going to stop us from going there. I grew up in the cold. I look forward to Visiting the State of South Dakota I here it is a beutiful state. It also will be our first time there. So I can not wait to get there. Thank you all again.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:54 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,325,994 times
Glad you're not discouraged by our weather and you're very welcome here. Hopefully you'll end up moving here and can take a trip out to the Hills. Now that's a beautiful area.

Be sure to visit Falls Park and walk the Phillips to the Falls path. It's nice.

Also, check out the Corn Palace while you're in Mitchell.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 PM

3,940 posts, read 14,667,849 times
Be sure to look at the weather the day before you go. That is the only time the weather is for sure. Pack both sweaters AND tanktops!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:43 PM

193 posts, read 783,864 times
The way it's looking right now, forget the tank tops. It seems as though Rapid always has nicer weather than Sioux Falls, though. I really hope you enjoy Sioux Falls. Though it sounds like you're going to be going to Rapid, Sioux Falls is a great place to check out--like previously suggested, Falls Park. It's gorgeous right now---all frozen, but pretty. One place that's completely overlooked, but neat if you like water, is the Missouri River area. Chamberlain and Pickstown are great places if you enjoy boating/water. PM me for more information.
In the hills area, I really like Deadwood. Sure it's a gambling town, but it has a lot of history and it's pretty. Have a great time and thanks for coming to South Dakota!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota