Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:24 PM

3,940 posts, read 14,674,037 times

Advertisements

Haha! Have fun my East River friends! I'll be sunbathing and sipping a bloody mary over here in the sunbelt!

Just kidding! It's been pretty crappy over here too. Rain and fog all day. I drove to Spearfish earlier today and the peaks are all snowcapped. When does spring get here!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 12:16 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,901,166 times
It will be a pain for two days, but the weather looks promising according to forecasts after the storm. I hope that it fizzles out a little. I venture that the first few inches of snow are not going to stick too easily with the ground being warmer than this winter and with the temps being in high 20s and low 30s. Whether it is rain, heavy snow, or somewhere in between, it will get sloppy.

Danny, I venture that you and most of West River need the moisture. You can have it. Sioux Falls and SE South Dakota along with areas in Iowa, Eastern Nebraska, Missouri and points south and east have too much moisture and need drier weather for the farmers and to prevent potential flooding this summer.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,343,984 times
Yea, you lucky guy, Danny!!! We were supposed to start getting rain at 1pm, but it started by 10 am. It's supposed to have changed to snow by 8pm so we'll just have to wait and see.

Just like Chris, I'm waiting for this to be over. We're supposed to have temps in the 60s next week so the ONLY good thing is the snow won't stay. Rapid will probably be in the 70s by then.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:27 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,298,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Haha! Have fun my East River friends! I'll be sunbathing and sipping a bloody mary over here in the sunbelt!

Just kidding! It's been pretty crappy over here too. Rain and fog all day. I drove to Spearfish earlier today and the peaks are all snowcapped. When does spring get here!?!
I'm thinking of visiting Rapid City and the Black Hills in about two weeks. How's the weather around the end of April / beginning of May?

Old 04-10-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
I'm thinking of visiting Rapid City and the Black Hills in about two weeks. How's the weather around the end of April / beginning of May?
Weather this time of year can be very unpredictable in the Black Hills. It may be sunny and 75 one day and it may blizzard the next.
An average day in late April/early May is usually pretty mild around 65 degrees. Rapid City also has a high average for sunshine in a semi-arid climate so that makes it feel warmer here too.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:54 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,458,960 times
1:54 pm
heavy snow in Forestburg. melting as it hits the ground

Old 04-10-2008, 05:40 PM

It started to snow in Lennox around 3PM after rain. The roads around Sioux Falls, according to news and a person who drove from Sioux Falls, are getting slippery and there are some accidents. There is a nasty one south of Sioux Falls near the Tea exit. I was originally planning to go out tonight. With the roads getting nasty, that is not going to happen.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:29 PM

It's snowing pretty hard over here too, but not nearly as bad as what you guys are seeing. The snow isn't even accumulating on the roads and I've been able to run errands. Finally got my taxes in!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 06:50 PM

The worst part in my area (Sioux Falls area) is that we do not need additional moisture and it makes the ground soggy and spongy. But things will really green up when it warms up.

I guess that old man winter is being a slow poke and good old mother nature is having a temper tantrum. That is what you get in a natural weather conflict between one who is slow and cold (winter) and one who is tempermental (mother nature).

Old 04-10-2008, 10:25 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,393,830 times
In Sioux Falls South Dakota, we had rain starting in the early morning today, then turned to rain/ice pellets/sleet...changed to snow around 2-3 pm... Roads were a mess... They were mainly slushy. We will see what overnight brings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota