Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:12 AM

509 posts, read 1,349,579 times

Advertisements

I had tomacellis a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good, there is a great pizza place in Minnesota, I think its only in Mankato, and the college towns around St. Cloud, its called Gary's Pizza, its so tasty! Its pretty greasy but thats what makes it so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 09:10 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,923,510 times
It will be nice that Sioux Falls will get a pizzeria in the downtown area, near the Phillips to the Falls area. I have been to one in Denver and another in Salida, CO. The pizzas are very good. I hope the one in Sioux Falls is good and thrives.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:44 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,191 times
I heard about that downtown pizzeria. Isn't it supposed to be just like New York style pizza... or is it Chicago style pizza?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:17 PM

That, I am not sure. Either one would be fine. I would like to see both kinds of pizzerias for variety. Thinking of pizza makes me hungry.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:04 AM

230 posts, read 626,364 times
I to would love to see a Bob Evans or Red Robin as they are both very good. I'm not a big fried chicken eater either, but when I do, it's usually at the Pizza Ranch on 41st and it's VERY good. I try to eat very little fast food, but it's just so good !!!

Old 09-27-2008, 07:57 AM

5 posts, read 12,042 times
Charlie's Pizza in Yankton is the best kept secret in South Dakota! The pizza is to die for, and the atmosphere is great. My dad went to school in Vermillion and went to Charlies on the weekends. I took him back there recently and he said the place hasn't changed a bit from back in the 60's! I love that about South Dakota.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Mark View Post
I to would love to see a Bob Evans or Red Robin as they are both very good. I'm not a big fried chicken eater either, but when I do, it's usually at the Pizza Ranch on 41st and it's VERY good. I try to eat very little fast food, but it's just so good !!!
With Bob Evans and Red Robin, I agree with you 100%. I love to eat at both places. Too bad that the closest Bob Evans is in St. Joseph, MO and Sioux City has a Red Robin and SF does not. Pizza Ranch on 41st St is good. Most Pizza Ranches are good. I have one in the town I live in and love their skillet crust pepperoni pizza. The talk of food makes me hungry .

I like the chicken pot pies at Bob Evans and their breakfast food. At Red Robin, I like the crispy chicken sandwich. For some goofy reason, a Dr. Pepper is good with a crispy chicken sandwich. Maybe next spring, I will manage a trip to Kansas City and will get my Bob Evans fix. But I can make a side trip to either Sioux City or Omaha in the next few months, granted good weather, to eat at Red Robin and get out of the Sioux Falls area for a day.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:26 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,495,325 times
Chris19....is a ''side trip'' formerly known (to my generation) as a road trip?LOL!

Old 09-27-2008, 11:10 AM

debey, yes it is a road trip. Any way one puts it, side trip or road trip, I like to take them. Ones to Omaha are fun, but have doing fewer of them with gas being a little higher and being busy lately. I will go on a trip in two weeks to Colorado with my mother to visit relatives and my brother. She will drop me off in Denver to visit a couple of college buddies for a day. It should be a good time. I just have to make sure my mom does not go overboard with her backseat driving tendencies.

Speaking of eating places, we will have to stop at a Runza when we go through Nebraska. Probably, Grand Island or North Platte. I love eating at Runza and stop there when I am in or going through Nebraska.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:30 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,714,004 times
Chris if you go through Omaha eat at Biaggio's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota