U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-27-2008, 10:15 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,509,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
OK, so I need to get glasses. My fave is Pizza Hut. My LEAST fave restaurants are Kentucky Fried Chickens. I'm a vegetarian, but YEARS ago we went to one and got some chicken. (Pre veggie days) When you lifted the crust, it was raw and there were just big bubbles of batter inside. Absolutely gross.
Haha, I saw your first post, and I was a little confused.

And ewwww on the KFC.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 03:26 AM

13,496 posts, read 24,916,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post
Haha, I saw your first post, and I was a little confused.

And ewwww on the KFC.
OH, I'm confused often.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:36 PM

230 posts, read 391,843 times
LEAST FAVORITE huh ?? Well during my limited time here in Sioux Falls, I will go with the following:

Frying Pan- Dirty, smelly, dirty dishes and utensils. Thought I was going to catch a disease in that place. I won't go to any Frying Pan ever again. Waitresses were smoking in the restaurant while waiting to bring my food out. NASTY !!!

Coyote Canyon- I love buffets, but this place was just dirty as well. Buffet+Dirty= Won't go back !!!

La Fiesta- Smelled like someone was cooking up some baked squirrel a$$. Just disgusted me...

Royal Fork- I don't know what was worse, the selection of food or the servers picking their noses while waiting to cut the next customers meat. We got our money back and left.

I like to eat out and do so about twice a week, so I really pay attention when out and about. If anyone knows anything gross about Hu Hot, don't say, because I love that place !!! LOL...

Old 09-28-2008, 08:58 PM

Mark,
Fryn' Pan is usually the restaurant all the bar hoppers go to after the bars. It is pretty dirty, I agree.

About HuHot, just don't look at their health score on the city's website .
I love their food, and go there often. One time though it didn't quite agree with me, and I got a little sick.

I've never eaten at La Fiesta or Royal Fork. I've eaten at Coyote Canyon, and thought it was OK. I'm not too picky though!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:58 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,371,631 times
I had good experiences with HuHut in the times that I have been there. The only bad experience was when I got charged three times for my order and there was a mix up by the help. I ended up getting my meal free, which was nice of them. Other than that, the food is good and they do a good job cooking the selected items.

I have mixed opinions of Fryin' Pan. I think that there are better family-style restaurants out there. I would much rather go to Perkins, Denny's, or Marlin's (on the Tea exit). These places are cleaner and have better service. I had a meal at Marlin's yesterday and the meal was good. Having been there about a half dozen times, I find the staff to be attentive and the food to be good and reasonably priced. GI Mark, you should try Marlin's on the Tea exit.

I would like to see additional buffet choices for Sioux Falls. There is a chain of buffets I noticed in Colorado, Country Buffet, I would like to see or Golden Corral. I have been to a Golden Corral in Billings, MT five years ago and enjoyed eating there. If there was another player or two in the buffet genre of restaurants, Coyote Canyon and Royal Fork would have to straighten up their act or be out of business.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:06 PM

Chris, is Marlin's attached to that one gas station on the east side of the interstate? I should try that sometime.
Is it the same as the Marlins on North Cliff Ave?

Old 09-28-2008, 09:08 PM

Yes, it is attached to a Sinclair on the east side of Exit 73. It is affiliated with the Marlin's as the one on Cliff Ave.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:49 AM

13,496 posts, read 24,916,730 times
Marlin's is over here, too. He bought out the old I-90 Truck Stop Cafe. It's a pretty good place, but their portions are HUGE.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:21 PM

3,940 posts, read 9,548,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
I would like to see or Golden Corral. I have been to a Golden Corral in Billings, MT five years ago and enjoyed eating there.
Eeek! Golden Corral. The only place in Rapid City to get prime rib for $6.99

Old 09-29-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Eeek! Golden Corral. The only place in Rapid City to get prime rib for $6.99
Is Golden Corral decent or questionable in Rapid City, Danny? With chains like that, there are good restaurants and a few that are left to be desired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota