Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 09:10 AM

415 posts, read 970,956 times

Advertisements

Well the only reason I checked it out was because I hate butter. I just can't stand the smell of it for some reason and have eaten Margarine my whole life. And everytime I go in for my check ups, for some reason my Bad Cholesterol is damn near non existant and my good cholesterol is always low too. Another reason I checked it out too was because I remember hearing (from my dad too even) that nothing would grow (mold etc...) in margarine or it wouldn't rot. I knew he was full of doo doo one week when I found a small tub of margarine on top of the microwave that I forgot I put up there and it was full of mold and stunk really bad. Sorry trying not to gross anyone out LOL. Just goes to show ya, Don't beleive everything ya read. I think half of the emails that float around out there are just out there to make half us look like morons at one time or another LOL. (not calling anyone a moron here ok, chill out lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,372,609 times
Default R_Cowgirl's gazpacho soup

It's getting warmer, so I made my gazpacho tonight.YUMMMM. Chunk up a whole cucumber, a red pepper, a green pepper, stalk of celery, several green onions. Add to a big can of tomato puree or a can of tomato juice. Add 1T dried onions, tabasco to taste, parsley, salt and pepper, worcestershire sauce.

Now if you are like me and like chunky peanut butter, cookies with nuts, and all that -- don't blend it. Just put it in the fridge to cool, and scoop out bowls full. It's great with fresh whole wheat bread.

If you like smooth stuff without chunks - you creamy peanut butter fans - then put the whole thing in a blender and nuke it to your hearts content. Serve with a little fresh parsley.

I'm not crazy about cold soups, but this is really great even in cold weather. But waaaaaay excellent in out Phoenix hot hot hot weather.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:25 PM

3,940 posts, read 14,690,365 times
Cowgirl, your gazpacho sounds really good. My mom makes a really good ratatouille that's pretty similar to gazpacho (We're French in heritage). Sounds good it makes me really hungry! I must remember to avoid this thread in order to keep my hot chiseled body!

Who am I kidding? Tonight I went to Piesano's for chicken alfredo pizza.

Last edited by DannyBanany; 03-03-2009 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: Wrong form of "your". Drives me nuts! Haha!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,372,609 times
thanks - Oh... I just read through the recipe.... Need to add about 1/8 c olive oil and 1/4 c apple cider vinegar to that recipe. Sorry I don't have amounts, I just toss it all together and it tastes good. If you aren't sure, always try a little less to start and then add more to taste. safer that way.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:48 PM

205 posts, read 728,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
thanks - Oh... I just read through the recipe.... Need to add about 1/8 c olive oil and 1/4 c apple cider vinegar to that recipe. Sorry I don't have amounts, I just toss it all together and it tastes good. If you aren't sure, always try a little less to start and then add more to taste. safer that way.
Thanks for the update. Do you ever use balsamic vinegar in your gazpacho? Balsamic with chilled veggies is delicious IMHO.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairierose View Post
Thanks for the update. Do you ever use balsamic vinegar in your gazpacho? Balsamic with chilled veggies is delicious IMHO.
It sure is! I had baba ganoush tonight with balsamic and oil. It was fantastic! I like to spice up meals every now and then by adding exotic foods.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:05 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,393,303 times
I would be eating better with a shipment of SD porterhouse steaks....grilling temps here and I'm in the mood to fire up the Weber....

Old 03-21-2009, 06:58 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,473,058 times
I'm breakin out some of those ''buck & quarter" pizzas, tonight.....

Old 03-22-2009, 01:41 PM

It's 75 degrees here. I might grill some shrimp and make pina coladas!
But then it's back to chicken soup and Bailey's for tomorrow's snowstorm.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:44 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,473,058 times
Found a package of walleye, dislocated, in the bottom of the freezer, last night.........yum.....It still tasted very good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota