Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 05:06 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,891,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The hotel is called the Radisson Edwardian Hotel and we're going for afternoon
tea for two! Normally thse things are sandwiches and little cakes plus tea of course!
It' all served in fancy silver cake stands and bone china cups. My wife is really looking
forward to it. Afterwards she fancies spending the evening in Manchester, but I'm
not too sure.
Friday nights in England's towns and cities is the night our young people
like to cut loose. Don't know what's for dinner tonight, but for breakfast I'm having
my usual salmon and cheese on toast and coffee.
Very nice! Although, I can honestly say we never spent a lot of time in Manchester after dark, we usually went to other places for that, like the Trafford Centre. We weren't really tearin' up the town kind of people, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 05:45 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,409,013 times
Real nice place the Trafford Centre is'nt it? We go down once in a while. Lots of
good shopping and eateries. We went past it the other week in the middle of the
night on the way to the airport to catch a plane to Spain. It was al lit up in shades
of blue. Seafood and salad for dinner tonight!

Old 06-30-2011, 09:31 AM

19,721 posts, read 10,476,896 times
Raided my neighbors mulberry trees, yesterday. Made the loot into jam. If I was ambitious, I'd do it, again today.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,891,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Real nice place the Trafford Centre is'nt it? We go down once in a while. Lots of
good shopping and eateries. We went past it the other week in the middle of the
night on the way to the airport to catch a plane to Spain. It was al lit up in shades
of blue. Seafood and salad for dinner tonight!
It really is, very pretty at Christmas time as well.

We had Steak and Shake tonight, it was okay I guess. I really prefer to make my own steaks and burgers to be honest.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:43 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,977,429 times
How was your breakfast?

I've been out of town a few days.

Got up this morning and threw some grits in a bowl, some salt, some water and put it in the microwave. Set it for 5 minutes. (Grits in Wyoming take 5 minutes, no longer, no shorter).

Got the milk and butter out and waited.

Microwave dinged, took the bowl out, added some milk, some butter, and som splenda. Went and sat down. Stirred up my grits.

Apparently I should have checked that milk before I poured it in my bowl.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:43 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,697,605 times
I am needing to find a regulator for a fire and ice grill. If I can locate a regulator I can be cooking with gas again. I need to get into the woods and do some more cutting of wood, might have a use for oak...

Old 06-30-2011, 05:45 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,697,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
How was your breakfast?

I've been out of town a few days.

Got up this morning and threw some grits in a bowl, some salt, some water and put it in the microwave. Set it for 5 minutes. (Grits in Wyoming take 5 minutes, no longer, no shorter).

Got the milk and butter out and waited.

Microwave dinged, took the bowl out, added some milk, some butter, and som splenda. Went and sat down. Stirred up my grits.

Apparently I should have checked that milk before I poured it in my bowl.
Once you taste spoiled milk it really kills any desire to consume any milk. That is why I like as is. Or melted cheese.

I like adding salt pork and onion to my grits. No milk.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:56 AM

Just got back from my wife's birthday outing. Hotel as in name, edwardian stone
building, all arches and pillars. Afternoon tea room very nice, lots of red velvet and
leather. Afternoon tea was Earl Grey in a china teapot with matching cups and
saucers. Food came on a triple layered silver cake stand. Bottom layer various small
sandwiches. Beef, ham, lox and cream cheese, egg and cress, tuna mayo etc.
Middle layer was scones with clotted cream and strawberry jelly. Top layer lots of
little cakes and small glass jars with fruit covered in champagne jello. It was very nice.
Got home with two new pairs of shoes my wife just ha

Old 07-01-2011, 11:05 AM

Sorry about that, machine playing up!! As I was saying, with two pairs of shoes she
just had to have....... No dinner tonight, too full of sandwiches and cake, but I believe
champagne is on the cards, so maybe pizza later.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,104,227 times
Camping this weekend, so the menu will be yummy!

Dinners will be: burgers, corn on the cob and roasted potatoes and onions one night; the next will be chicken and veggie skewers; might grab some steaks to do tonight with baked potatoes and more of that corn!

Breakfast will be pancakes, eggs and skillet potatoes, and not sure what else - might just do eggs and bacon one morning!

Cannot wait to get down to the lake and veg!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota