Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 10:24 PM
dpf

132 posts, read 314,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Juicy Baked chicken. My wife use to make "chicken and rice" with cream of mushroom soup. I wish I knew how to make that
Give us a couple of hints about it and maybe we can help you out with a recipe. Whole chicken or cut up? Do you know if she browned the chicken before she started? Every couple of weeks I make a loaf of homemade bread for a neighborhood widower because it's one of the things that he said he missed after his wife died. He's very true to his wife...has told me that mine is good...but not as good as she made! But he'll let me keep practicing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 10:44 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,347,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpf View Post
Give us a couple of hints about it and maybe we can help you out with a recipe. Whole chicken or cut up? Do you know if she browned the chicken before she started? Every couple of weeks I make a loaf of homemade bread for a neighborhood widower because it's one of the things that he said he missed after his wife died. He's very true to his wife...has told me that mine is good...but not as good as she made! But he'll let me keep practicing!
I'll have to get back to you on that.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:56 AM

509 posts, read 1,345,172 times
I make chicken and rice but I use chicken breasts and cream of chicken soup, I imagine that you just substitute the soup for each other.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:21 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,889,472 times
I make kind of a casserole.

Bake a chicken (or put it in the crock pot all day) and then cut it up into 1/2 inch chunks. Then cook up some noodles (could use rice if you wanted).

In a 9x13 cake tin, put the noodles in, the chicken, and I use a can of cream of mushroom soup along with a can of cream of celery soup. Stir it all up with some salt and pepper to taste. Then crumble some crackers all over the top. Bake it in the oven, uncovered, at 350 for about 40 minutes.

Sometimes I'll substitute cream of brocolli instead of celery soup.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpf View Post
It was chicken thighs and legs. Now this is a question. Browning the chicken ahead of time would cause the rice to come out hard or unfinished wouldn't it?

I haven't had homemade bread since I was a kid on our Dairy farm.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I make kind of a casserole.

Bake a chicken (or put it in the crock pot all day) and then cut it up into 1/2 inch chunks. Then cook up some noodles (could use rice if you wanted).

In a 9x13 cake tin, put the noodles in, the chicken, and I use a can of cream of mushroom soup along with a can of cream of celery soup. Stir it all up with some salt and pepper to taste. Then crumble some crackers all over the top. Bake it in the oven, uncovered, at 350 for about 40 minutes.

Sometimes I'll substitute cream of brocolli instead of celery soup.
Your sound close to it. Speaking of casserole, your recipe reminded me of her "Tuna Casseoles" I could try and made that with parts of this post.

You guys are the ones who can just throw something together and you have a great meal!

I'm not like that, I'm more mechanically inclined, I'm one of those who can listen to an engine and tell you what's wrong with it.

Thank you everyone, ElkHunter, if you don't mind, I'd like to copy your post and add it to my recipe file.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,220,621 times
Plain whole wheat bagel.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:08 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,097,091 times
Woo Hoo! *Happy Dance* I think I know where I am watching the Daytona 500! I wish I could be there on Feb. 1, but I am just thrilled to have one out here! YUMMO!

Early birds get free wings at next week's Buffalo Wild Wings opening

Old 01-25-2010, 01:31 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,592,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no8fann View Post
Woo Hoo! *Happy Dance* I think I know where I am watching the Daytona 500! I wish I could be there on Feb. 1, but I am just thrilled to have one out here! YUMMO!

Early birds get free wings at next week's Buffalo Wild Wings opening
That sounds really good. I hope this years NASCAR season is a lot more interesting than last years.

Now I am hungry... The wings last night as the Saints beat up on the Vikings (*GO SAINTS!*) were tasty good.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:56 PM

819 posts, read 1,737,422 times
Default we miss daytona and the bbq.

My dad got in field tickets every year in the 70s 80s and 90s for speedweek what a blast and bbq a plenty. leaving our new friends we met there and camping there all week is really missed.we miss dale to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota