Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 10:13 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

To err is human. To "Arrrrrrrrr!" is pirate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 PM

I love Married with Children reruns. Reminds me of my first marriage, exept I can laugh and Peg Bundy was hot.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:55 PM

Well its official! I have some Amazing yet Shocking news....... We are expecting! 12 weeks and counting! I know, I am in shock too. I can hardly believe it myself. I wasn't going to post it here but since you all are my second family I wanted to make it official. I'm too overwhelmed to keep it a secret! Who would have guessed that us of all people would be expecting but I sure am!

Old 11-22-2012, 06:37 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,497,140 times

Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
This is for real, I didn't make it up.

Next week I have to travel for a VA appointment in another state. I have been having major problems with my knee, so, I really didn't want to attempt to make the trip with my truck. I just don't know if I could do it. The trip is to have surgery set up to replace my knee. So, I decided that the best thing I could do is get a rental care; It went something like this:

Her: "Hello, this ix xyz rental, how may I help you?"
Me: "I have to travel to another state in a week or so and would like to reserve a rental car."
Her: "Sure, we can do that, how many are in the party, sir?"
Me: "There is just me, and my service dog, will the service dog be a problem?"
Her: "No, we don't allow pets, however, service dogs are ok, what is the service dog for?" (By law, they can not ask that)
Me, wanting to crack a joke: "She is my seeing eye dog."
Her: "Oh, that is fine, they are authorized, what size of car were you looking to rent?"

We went on through with all of her questions, and I have a car reserved for the trip. She never did come back and question me about having a seeing eye dog. I really really want to borrow a white cane with a red tip to use the day I go to pick up the car. The whole time we were discussing size of car, miles, dates, pickup time, drop off time, etc, I expected her to finally get it and she never did.

Also, she said, "We have really nice front wheel drive cars, and." I interrupted her and told her, I would really prefer a rear wheel drive. She said that it was winter and a front wheel drive vehicle would do better in the snow. I said,, "Really??? Can I ask you a question?" She said, "Sure". I said, "When a blizzard sets in and they close the roads, do the highway patrol continue to patrol the roads looking for stranded motorists?" She said, "Yes, and if they determine that you passed the gates after the road was closed, they will fine you up to $750." I said, "Ok, could you tell me if the Highway Patrol use front wheel drive cars, or rear wheel drive cars?" There was a long pause and then she said, "I had never thought about that, but they do, they use rear wheel drive cars." I said, "Yes they do. An experienced driver can get around better in a rear wheel drive vehicle than they can in front wheel drive. A front wheel drive car is excellent for an inexperienced driver because front wheel drive does have the weight of the engine giving them traction, however, if they are going up an icy hill and break traction, they also broke steering, where a rear wheel drive car will break traction and spin, but not loose steering." She said, "We have a good selection of rear wheel drive cars, would a Dodge Charger be ok?" hahahahahahahaha I wanted to say, "Oh hell yeah", but I held back and said, "That would be fine." Watch out now, ElkHunter is going to be turned loose with more than 2 horses at harness.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,497,140 times
☆ May you have a New Year filled with love, laughter and peace ☆

Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
.................................................. ....................................

Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM

From Earl's diary

Date 2-16
She-who-must-be-obeyed says if I drink a lot of water I won't get so hungry.. Wrong! I just don't get as thirsty and I have to get up all night.

Date 2-17
Mother-in-law tells the Reverend that I'm such a tightwad that I won't even buy her daughter Valentine candy.

Date 2-18
Feeling nauseated. Turned on the news and got overdosed on political correctness.

Date 2-19
Low on hay, firewood, groceries, and cash. Situation is just about normal.

Date 2-20
I've often wondered how they get the air inside the bubble wrap.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
From Earl's diary

Date 2-16
She-who-must-be-obeyed says if I drink a lot of water I won't get so hungry.. Wrong! I just don't get as thirsty and I have to get up all night.

Date 2-17
Mother-in-law tells the Reverend that I'm such a tightwad that I won't even buy her daughter Valentine candy.

Date 2-18
Feeling nauseated. Turned on the news and got overdosed on political correctness.

Date 2-19
Low on hay, firewood, groceries, and cash. Situation is just about normal.

Date 2-20
I've often wondered how they get the air inside the bubble wrap.
That sounds about right.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:55 PM

From Earl's diary:

2-21
She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed says she's learned to live without a lot of things... but warmth, food, and money aren't among them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota