U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 10:42 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,431,409 times

Advertisements

Yea, the disco era wasn't quite as cool as the 60s and 70s with the bell bottoms and beads. The music wasn't as good either.

And what did they say on the Grammy's last night? It seems like it's exactly 45 years since the Beatles made their American debut on the Ed Sullivan Show. Sorry you had to miss those days, Danny cause they were cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 11:06 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,431,409 times
BLONDE

As a trucker stops for a red light, a blonde catches up. She jumps out of her car, runs up to his truck, and knocks
on the door.

The trucker lowers the window, and she says "Hi, my
name is Heather and you are losing some of your load."

The trucker ignores her and proceeds down the street.

When the truck stops for another red light, the
girl catches up again. She jumps out of her car, runs up
and knocks on the door.

Again, the trucker lowers the window. As if they've never spoken, the blonde says brightly, "Hi my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!"

Shaking his head, the trucker ignores
her again and continues down the street.

At the third red light, the same thing happens again.

All out of breath, the blonde gets out of her car, runs
up, knocks on the truck door.
The trucker rolls down the window. Again
she says "Hi, my name is Heather, and
you are losing some of your load!"

When the light turns green the trucker revs up and races to the next light
When he stops this time, he hurriedly gets out of the truck,
and runs back to the blonde.

He knocks on her window, and after she lowers it, he
says..
"Hi, my
name is Mark, it's winter in
South Dakota and I'm
driving the

SANDER!"

Old 02-09-2009, 11:06 PM

19,016 posts, read 8,697,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
One part of the 20th century I'm glad I missed. I have my parents' pictures to prove it too!
LMAO!!!! thanks!! I needed a good laugh!!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:10 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,036,617 times
Oh yes. My parents looked absolutely silly back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Dad had the tinted glasses and mom had the long straight Brady Bunch type hair of the 1970s. Mom had the 80s poofy hair. I have to laugh my head off at the thought.

Remember the big glasses of the late 1980s and early 1990s?

Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,067,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
And what did they say on the Grammy's last night? It seems like it's exactly 45 years since the Beatles made their American debut on the Ed Sullivan Show. Sorry you had to miss those days, Danny cause they were cool.
That's one decade I would have LOVED to see! I was obsessed with the 60s and early 70s when I was in high school. I even listened to Bread, James Taylor, and Elton John religiously. Now you guys had GOOD MUSIC!!! None of that Britney Spears, Spice Girls stuff that I had to grow up with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
Haha! I used to watch old home videos just to make fun of my mom's big hair, tacky sweaters, and cheek-covering glasses!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:34 PM

19,016 posts, read 8,697,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
Oh yes. My parents looked absolutely silly back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Dad had the tinted glasses and mom had the long straight Brady Bunch type hair of the 1970s. Mom had the 80s poofy hair. I have to laugh my head off at the thought.

Remember?

I lived it!!!
Rose colored glasses and all!! DM's to DannyB & Chris.............
anyone else?

Old 02-10-2009, 12:10 AM

3,111 posts, read 4,398,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Remember?

I lived it!!!
Rose colored glasses and all!! DM's to DannyB & Chris.............
anyone else?
Ditto! I had my hair parted down the middle, wore it really long, put lemon in it to lighten it, and wore granny glasses. Back then i looked purty good in lowriders and a skimpy top showing my midriff. The bell bottom pants were a crackup. Remember how the bells just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger? I think the bigger the bell bottoms, the shorter the miniskirts. Now THAT's what you would have loved, Danny!

Danny - do you know what I meant when I said "angel flights?" Those are skin tight stretch pants that the guys wore to the disco. They could barely get a money clip in their pocket, let alone a wallet! Any further discussion about those pants would be too R-rated for this forum. LOL Let's just say they - uh- well, they fit like Bike Shorts....with an attitude.

Last edited by R_Cowgirl; 02-10-2009 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-10-2009, 01:50 AM

3,940 posts, read 13,067,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Danny - do you know what I meant when I said "angel flights?" Those are skin tight stretch pants that the guys wore to the disco. They could barely get a money clip in their pocket, let alone a wallet! Any further discussion about those pants would be too R-rated for this forum. LOL Let's just say they - uh- well, they fit like Bike Shorts....with an attitude.
My dad said those were the type of pants where "you can tell a man's religion"! Haha! I guess that may be a little bit too descriptive!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 AM

1,582 posts, read 2,650,027 times
Rofl!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 08:32 AM

2,177 posts, read 3,097,130 times
Jamie, thanks for the laugh this morning!!

Disco Era, thank someone all those pics have gotten misplaced from those years. Bell bottoms, naru shirts, etc.

Disco Duck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota