U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-13-2007, 10:32 AM

2,909 posts, read 10,281,685 times

Advertisements

South Dakota broke records for the month of March. Several cities were 80-81 degrees! In fact this was hotter than the 78 degrees I got in south FL and I was plenty hot! I would have been miserable in SD on that record breaking day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,209,167 times
It's a lot dryer in South Dakota than it is in Florida. The lower humidity makes temperature changes less noticeable.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 AM

330 posts, read 1,093,293 times
We always had a/c and the warmth was actually welcomed after a cold winter. It will get cold again and you will have snow again even up to and including May and possibly early June! It only annoyed me that the flies would wake up in the heat and try to get into the house! It's really not that bad and it's amazing that the flowers will start to come and continue to grow even if it snows again!

Pam

Old 03-13-2007, 01:43 PM

13,496 posts, read 25,482,785 times
NAH, like the others said, it's not as humid here as it is in Florida. West River is actually considered to be a semi-arid climate. East River, where I live, has a lot more humidity then the West does. It was about 10 degrees warmer out west then here, but we hit near 70 or so. It was beautiful. We could actually turn our furnace off and I got to wear shorts to work.

Today is also a beautiful day here and we're supposed to hit about 67, but tonight it's supposed to be 38 and the next two days will be in the low 40s for a high. We're also supposed to have a bit of rain and snow showers for the next two mornings. Fla really is much hotter at 80 then it is here though. We don't have too much of a heat index. Every time we go to Florida and get outside the airport, I just love the feel of the humidity there. Even during the summer days, our humidity is still lower then it is down there. You should come on up cause I think you'd like the weather we're having now. Oh and unfortunately, we didn't break any records in eastern So. Dak. It was more central and west.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:49 PM

2,909 posts, read 10,281,685 times
Wish I had the money to come visit. I would love to visit SD and visit you for a week or longer get away from hot humid south FL and enjoy your mild weather. 70 degrees without all the humidity is beautiful, id imagine. Not too hot so im glad to hear you are not sweating it out nor melting

Do you have space for guests if I visit SD and you? How high do you turn the heat? I might become too hot in your house. Comfortable is 60 to 72 degrees

Old 03-13-2007, 02:21 PM

955 posts, read 2,445,923 times
it was 82 and beautiful in Rapid! Wish it would stay that way... im ready for spring! daughter played outside all day at daycare and I used my lunch break to take a walk, and opened all the windows at home for fresh air!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:17 PM

13,496 posts, read 25,482,785 times
Busy, it's a bit warmer there then it is over here. I just checked and we hit 68 yesterday. It's 5pm and we have 63 right now, but it was a bit warmer earlier.

According to records, Mitchell's record for a high was set in 1900 and it was 76 degrees. The record low was minus 23 set in 1956. The record high for Hot Springs was set yesterday at 83. Their past record was 81 set in 1995. Hot Spring's record for cold on the 12th was minus 10 set in 1950. Those are just the record highs and lows for March 12.

NAH, come on up. I've got an empty couch. Right now we aren't running anything except turning on the furnace at night because it'll get in the 30s and gets a bit chilly. But during the day the sunlight shines in the deck and in the bay window and keeps it very comfy in there. When it's cold we have our furnace set on 67 or 68, but right now keeping it at 62 overnight works out just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota