Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 PM

2 posts, read 24,138 times

Advertisements

i'm 16 looking for a place i can go to party/ dance. is there anywhere here in Sioux Falls that is like that?

Last edited by Jammie; 03-19-2009 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: edited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 11:21 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,390,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms429 View Post
i'm 16 looking for a place i can go to party/ dance. is there anywhere here in Sioux Falls that is like that?
Nope. You're only 16... Focus on your school/homework/your future. I'm 22, so I know how it is... Just have fun with your friends... Don't involve alcohol... It only creates problems...

Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 PM

804 posts, read 2,880,138 times
Nope.. face it your in S.Dakota it is not exactly a thriving metropolis so have fun but dont be like a lot of the losers that only drink and smoke everyday.

I edited this because of another poster did not get what I was trying to say. South Dakota may be a really nice area with GREAT Pheasant hunting but it is not a area with a lot of clubs that you may find in a state with large cities. I know someone is going to come on say such and such city is a big city with clubs, etc.. ok I will give you that one. But for the most part it can not compare to other states.
Frankly that is what I like about areas is the lack of a 'thriving metropolis' so don't think I am just 'bagging' on S. Dakota.

Last edited by fearnofish; 03-19-2009 at 11:55 PM..

Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,390,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
Nope.. face it your in S.Dakota it is not exactly a thriving metro so have fun but dont be like a lot of the losers that only drink and smoke everyday.
How can South Dakota be a thriving metro? It's a state, not a city. I recommend working on your grammar.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:27 AM

3,940 posts, read 14,664,867 times
Wait until you turn 18. Then you can get in on certain nights at clubs in Minneapolis and Omaha. For now, go to school dances.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:33 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,449,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Wait until you turn 18. Then you can get in on certain nights at clubs in Minneapolis and Omaha. For now, go to school dances.
my thoughts, exactly! Furthermore, most of the 16yr olds I know, are looking for parttime jobs, participating in school activities, fishing, hunting, & skiing, not clubbing.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 17,980 times
Maybe us 16/17 year olds are just trying to find someone new to talk to outside of our own social network. And i don't believe the person that posted this said anything about drinking. There are such things as Teen nights at local clubs. Where they DON'T serve alcohol and we can meet people that don't go to our school.

Last edited by Jammie; 07-19-2009 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: removed sentence ~Name calling

Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 PM

4,817 posts, read 6,822,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygrl View Post
Maybe us 16/17 year olds are just trying to find someone new to talk to outside of our own social network. And i don't believe the person that posted this said anything about drinking. There are such things as Teen nights at local clubs. Where they DON'T serve alcohol and we can meet people that don't go to our school.
I feel sorry for teenagers today. In my teen years during the early 70's we had ballrooms with great rock bands all over the area. No alcohol served since these dances were geared towards teenagers and those in their early 20's. Just around Sioux Fals we had Dell Rapids, Flandreau, Hatfield MN, Wall Lake, Arkota @ Sioux Falls (only occasionally had teen dances), & Lake Benton MN. Not only were these venues going full tilt, but there were numerous street dances in many of the small towns.

No more teen dances since ballrooms can't make it any more. You can thank Kareoke and the curfew rules being overpoliced. Almost all street dances have been discontinued due to liability caused by our over abundant lawyer glut convincing people to sue over nothing.

You guys can't even cruise around in your cars anymore without getting arrested because you went past the same place a few times within the hour.

In my time, young adults could go to taverns serving 3:2 beer at 18. You had people in a controlled environment. Now people between the ages of 18 and 21 have no more places to go than their high school counterparts. What's the option? Drinking in your vehicle and sneaking around at house parties.

You've got a point prettygrl. All the goody twoshoes can't figure out why teens go to parties and drink.

I have no solutions to your question. I've raised 3 kids that had the same lack of options. Too often the only place to meet other kids was at some hidden house party where the parents were either absent or looked the other way (which I DON'T agree with).

Last edited by Jammie; 07-19-2009 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: edited out sentence of the quote I had deleted. You got to the post first. LOL

Old 07-19-2009, 07:47 PM

3,940 posts, read 14,664,867 times
Yeah being between 18 and 21 (such as myself) is kind of a sham. I can't get in anywhere after 10 pm in Rapid City and when I go to Denver or Minneapolis I can only get into good clubs on Thursdays or Sundays. Some clubs allow 18+ on Saturdays but they put giant X's on your hands in permanent marker.

Usually we just "pregame" somewhere and take a cab downtown. I don't condone that though... Unless you get a fake ID, get some friends together and have a bash in your basement. You'd be surprised what a little techno and a few glowsticks do for a place!

Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 PM

4 posts, read 27,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms429 View Post
If the teens of Sioux Falls had a place to go and have fun what would they look for?(good clean fun no drugs or booze)
Would a place to eat,dance,play pool,be something the teens would be interested in?...........Any feed back would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota