Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:34 AM

551 posts, read 1,590,730 times

Advertisements

Here's a link to SAF yeast at King Arthur Flour: SAF Red Instant Yeast - 16 oz.

For me it's been the best yeast to use in baking and buying in bulk saves money. I just keep the yeast in the freezer and use it when I need it. You don't have to bring the yeast to room temperature as you can use it directly from the freezer when baking.

I bake mainly white bread as that's what the family likes. I like to bake pies and tarts and simple cakes. We aren't much on cake here as they are so sweet. We do like a simple yellow cake served without frosting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
HMMM, I don't know if stores carry it here or not. Mine comes in a little red and white package and I couldn't even tell you what it's brand name is. I'm SO unobservant.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:35 AM

444 posts, read 799,481 times
I'm gonna bake some homemade bread (OK the lazy way) I looove that smell in the house.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:39 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,716,248 times
I get King Arthur Flour delivered to my apartment for some reason. I thought of ordering a few things from them. It'd be a great way to pass a Minnesota winter.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:29 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,497,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadmoFan View Post
Here's a link to SAF yeast at King Arthur Flour: SAF Red Instant Yeast - 16 oz.

For me it's been the best yeast to use in baking and buying in bulk saves money. I just keep the yeast in the freezer and use it when I need it. You don't have to bring the yeast to room temperature as you can use it directly from the freezer when baking.

I bake mainly white bread as that's what the family likes. I like to bake pies and tarts and simple cakes. We aren't much on cake here as they are so sweet. We do like a simple yellow cake served without frosting.
I'm not sure I've ever noticed that brand of yeast. I followed the link, to see how it's packaged.........

Old 10-13-2009, 10:02 AM

551 posts, read 1,590,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
I get King Arthur Flour delivered to my apartment for some reason. I thought of ordering a few things from them. It'd be a great way to pass a Minnesota winter.

I was buying KA flour at Albertsons until jumped to almost $6 for 5 pounds a flour. I do buy Sam's flour at Wal Mart and 5 lb. bag of whole wheat flour from some flour mill in Montana. The name escapes me right now. I portion the flour out into smaller freezer bags and keep it in the freezer. I'm about the only one who likes whole grain breads so I make a loaf once in awhile.

Also, I the white wheat flour from KA is another good way to sneak whole grains into the diet. It is almost undetectable from white flour.

In case you can't guess I love baking. I used to post on rec.food.baking long ago on Usenet. I got tired of the flame wars and spam so I stopped.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:36 PM

955 posts, read 3,648,622 times
mmm it is great soup weather too My crockpot has been cookin away

Old 10-13-2009, 02:12 PM

451 posts, read 977,087 times
Oh - great idea - I can't wait for it to cool down more. I keep thinking about my recipe for Italian Wedding Soup - yum can't wait to make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota