U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-11-2009, 12:53 PM

450 posts, read 576,822 times
Default Thank You As Well

Hi Kisses - very nice to hear from you, thank you for your info as well. I didn't cover all of that in my original post, but honestly we're done with the staging and stuff. Of course, there is always something that you can add, so those points you wrote are well taken.

I'm in the boat that the realtor loves the house, but location, location, location. Now, that doesn't mean that we don't have pictures ready when we list or that we wouldn't market it; it means that the people who do not care for their homes are having an effect on us listing as per her opinion (one chance to get a buyer in the market that currently exists in Tucson, AZ; you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression and she means neighborhood). Suffice to say, realtor wants them to "clean it up". She also wanted us to think about offering money to give them to "clean it up". Ahhhh, let me see.............................NO!!

However, once the holidays are over and our decorations are put away and we can put those little great final touches on (like I said, there truly is always something), we're just going to list. We've been really ready to list; we've spent more time with the City of Tucson (neighborhood issues as well as Parkwise), TPD, etc. in the attempts to get something done and it has been in the process for months not weeks. These folks are given many "chances" and I think personally some of it is the City's budget issues, but.....no one said life is fair. Then if the messes are not resolved, we'll drop the price and continue to do so until it sells. As Johninvegas wrote, life is way too short!! But I do agree with your and others posts, I can't take the chance of listing it without someone in the home as I read what Busysocialworker wrote and with what I've seen here, I've come around to not taking those chances.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 PM

128 posts, read 172,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissespwns2 View Post
The thing with selling your house is that you can't do anything about the people around you. You can only make your own house the best it possibly can be.

Selling a house empty is a big problem. People have trouble invisioning themselves in an empty space. Instead of bringing in your own furniture I would suggest hiring a professional stager. They rent/bring their own furniture that always looks new and stage the house to look the way every buyer wishes their house looked. (Of course nobody actually has a house that looks that way but yeah). .
Thanks for the great points. I had sold my 1st house empty - the realtor never advised against it - & it sat for MONTHS at a time when people were buying houses (1998). Now I've been thinking what if I end up getting ajob in SD and HAVE to move before I get an offer on this place! I've been wondering about renting furniture at least for the main floor (it's a split). Lousy time to try to sell - but hopefully a great time for me to buy!

Old 12-12-2009, 01:16 PM

41 posts, read 59,519 times
You're both welcome. I know the market is crap right now and a lot of people are having trouble selling. Hopefully it sells quickly AJ and you can move on to where you want to be

Old 12-12-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
You're both welcome. I know the market is crap right now and a lot of people are having trouble selling. Hopefully it sells quickly AJ and you can move on to where you want to be

Thanks so much Kisses. I hope we sell soon as well. I posted on your thread about the apartments - we saw both - hope the info helps.

Also, I am even more convinced (as hard as this may be) to not leave this place unattended. Heard sirens a few nights ago at about 2 a.m. There was ANOTHER home in Tucson, this one on the other side of Speedway and Houghton that was empty and it was set on fire (I heard Channel 4 say confirmed arson). I don't know if it was a foreclosure, or being sold empty or someone just not at home.....but, no thanks. We're going to do our best to stick it out. It will be increasingly more frightening if the City goes through with the proposed layoffs of fire and police - that little gem was on that same newscast as well. Honestly, as much as I've loved owning homes (have for 3 decades), I secretly envy the renters now - wait for the lease to be up - and off they can go. Oh well, things will turn out.........as I said, we'll lower the price as needed.

Good news - the City finally responded on one issue. Hey.....one down - that is a start.

Last edited by AJTucson; 12-12-2009 at 04:04 PM..

Old 12-12-2009, 05:32 PM

I live right on the corner of speedway and houghton and didn't hear about that one. Scarey and this is supposed to be the decent side of town! I'm VERY ready to head to Rapid City. Two months if things work out well!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I live right on the corner of speedway and houghton and didn't hear about that one. Scarey and this is supposed to be the decent side of town! I'm VERY ready to head to Rapid City. Two months if things work out well!!!

Kisses - it was Speedway just east of Houghton. Two nights ago - sirens galore - 4 alarm fire if I remember the newscast correctly!!! I know that this is supposed to be the decent side of town - just sick isn't it??? I am so excited to hear that you are so close to moving. Two months is my goal - we'll see, it is currently a very much hoped for goal. If you see a crazy woman with her hubby hanging on for dear life heading for I-10 at breakneck speed then you'll know we made it . Seriously, best wishes - Rapid City is just beautiful and the people are simply fantastic.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:09 AM

128 posts, read 172,441 times
Good luck to both of you! In 2 months I'm out of a job - I won't be heading to the Hills that soon even if I get a job offer shortly - but hope to see you by summer!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlequeenie View Post
Good luck to both of you! In 2 months I'm out of a job - I won't be heading to the Hills that soon even if I get a job offer shortly - but hope to see you by summer!

Hey thanks LQ, but seriously, that is a goal for us. As mentioned to Kisses, we've done the staging and all that includes. Ours is a neighborhood issue. However, I am sure we can find a relator who is very hungry and might have better ideas on prospective buyers who view the property. I am a nurse, not a realtor, but common sense to me would dictate something along the lines of, "neighbors come and neighbors go, here you get an immaculate home with a pool and a spa and mountain views of two ranges for blah-blah price" - or something like that. I am hoping that listing in January would dictate that we would be done "price dropping" by February - again, a goal. Either way, I hope this turns out very well for you and that we all are in SD very soon.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:39 AM

Obviously Dec. is a bad month to sell a house in ANY market but it's worse with the way the market is now. Waiting until the new year might be a good idea for listing if you aren't listed already.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:12 PM

Yes, that is a valid point; December is a very difficult month to sell. However, as mentioned, we were waiting for the impossible (some of these people, and again not all; it isn't everyone, in this city to care for and respect what money can buy - be it renting or owning) . We've come around on that point. Kind of like waiting for our orange tree to produce cash - not going to happen !! So yes, we are going to wait for the first of the new year and hope that we can get a sale and move on, not only our plans to actually make the move, but give firm dates to employers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota