U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 12:51 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,603,918 times

Advertisements

I summarize here some points about water and life:
In the Quran: life depends on water: water is essential for creating every living being. So where water is there, there will be the life.
So now water on Mars exists in the following forms:
>> water ice in the two poles
>> water ice on the tops of the high mountains
>> fog
>> clouds drifted by the wind
>> water drops on the foot of the lander.
>> flowing water deduced from the seasonal alteration of some images of Mars

so if there is flowing water now on Mars, where is the alleged sublimation and the thin atmosphere?
And if there is flowing water now on Mars, then why not there is life and even the intelligent life: people on Mars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I believe the same can be said for many religious texts.
The Quran is different from the available other holy books: the Quran is the word of God: word by word; it is only comaprable to the Ten Commandments inscribed by God Himself on the stone tablets.

But have they the courage to study it thoroughly and pass their traditional bondage?

Old 11-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
So, will the Martian women be hot?
I think their husbands may boil you

Old 11-28-2011, 01:29 PM

739 posts, read 864,332 times
I predict that when we send people to Mars, we will find people on Mars.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:17 PM

5,206 posts, read 8,210,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
I said : Almost they will find signs and indications of life and intelligent life in particular now on Mars.

While I am certain there is life and people on Mars and the other planets and want all of you to keep this and the past posts about water and life on Mars.

The water on Mars: at the start they (including you) denied the existence of water on Mars: they said it is only the frozen CO2. I , according to the late interpreter, said: there is water: rivers and seas ..etc.

They insisted their rovers and probes have checked all the surface of Mars and did not find any water, then gradually the truth became evident: some drops on the foot of the lander, then fog, then cloud in the atmosphere, but they went on insisting: no water: the atmosphere is thin: it is the sublimation.

Then they saw the pictures of the seasonal variation, and said: Yes, it is water flowing now, not billions of years ago.

So at once, yesterday they said: the flowing water had been here since billions of year -- to there is flowing water now on Mars.

So where have been their rovers and cameras did not tell them about this and they claimed they viewed the entire surface of Mars!

While the interpreter did not graduate and did not go to Mars and the planets, and eventhough he said the planets bear life and people with the exception of Mercury and Venus.

The reason for their mistakes:
Mars is far from us, not like the Google earth satelites.
The pictures have been conveyed in black and white then moderation was done in color and other ways.
The satelite of Mars is faraway from Mars, more than the satellites of the Earth is from the Earth.
The rovers and the lander were landed in deserted regions of Mars: the desert and the near-pole regions; because they were afraid lest their machines should be destroyed by falling on rocks, so they selected the plain land.

See this comment written by the late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible:

Comment [about the Mars images]
As usual, you hopscotch around and dodge answering the points, consistently fail to give a straight answer, and twist what posts actually say.

You stated in your original post, "They discovered there is now flowing water on Mars, and while the high mountains of Mars are covered by ice on their tops, so the water - like on Earth - will percolate in the ground to spring in the mountain slopes and the valleys below, and there the villages, people, birds, animals and plants."

My reply question was, "What if they DON'T find any "villages, people, birds, animals and plants" at Gale Crater or anywhere else on Mars?"

If you're so certain there are villages, people, etc., on Mars, what actual evidence can you present to support your view, other than the claims of the late (uneducated) Mohammed al-Hilly? I'm still waiting for your answer to my question.

Regarding satellite images, of course Mars is far from Earth. So what? The images are digital, as are the satellite images on Google Earth. Using Google to look at cities on the Earth show streets, houses and vehicles. Nothing like that has ever been seen on the planet Mars.

Regarding water on Mars, don't give me your nonsense of what I may or may not have said. While there's plenty of good evidence that Mars contained water in its past, and that there appears to be underground resevoirs of water, we've never actually seen liquid water anywhere on the surface. One good possibility was the appearance of several new gullies showing as dark streaks that might well have been caused from liquid water that had burst from the walls of a crater, which is quite likely, but still unknown. What was seen is the erosional effect that liquid water can create. The dark streaks seem to appear and disappear seasonally. It might be that those dark streaks was water, or rather moist soil, but it isn't certain. Maybe Gale Crater will show something similar. That would be very interesting to see from ground level.

Let me think back, didn't you once say you believe the size of the planet Mars is larger than the size of the Earth?

Old 11-28-2011, 02:25 PM

5,206 posts, read 8,210,851 times
Quote:
so if there is flowing water now on Mars, where is the alleged sublimation and the thin atmosphere?
And if there is flowing water now on Mars, then why not there is life and even the intelligent life: people on Mars?
First part - Sublimation was viewed by the Phoenix lander.
File:Evaporating ice on Mars Phoenix lander image.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second part - While water is thought to be essential for life, there could be other liquids which might also allow for life (although nt proven). That said, just because water may be present on Mars, is not proof of Martian people living there.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:53 PM

739 posts, read 864,332 times
...I almost will say good-bye!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:02 PM

7,376 posts, read 13,036,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Good, we can now open a McDonalds there. What god do they worship? We need to convert them. Whatever happens, don't let them build mass transit. Make them auto dependent.
Heh pretty much what would happen if we did find life there

Old 11-28-2011, 04:35 PM

18,546 posts, read 55,485,543 times
Quote:
The Quran is different from the available other holy books: the Quran is the word of God: word by word; it is only comaprable to the Ten Commandments inscribed by God Himself on the stone tablets.

But have they the courage to study it thoroughly and pass their traditional bondage?
Like Djad ibn Dirham? After he studied, he was "helped" along the path to freedom by others who read differently. That set a rather unpleasant precedent that stifled real independent thought.

Debate requires a dialog. Honest debate requires open dialog. By stating that a text, written in a single language, presented to a single person, is the penultimate word by which all creation must be judged, you conveniently ignore the fact that the UNtranslated word is, in fact the actual creation itself. If your trump card is a book, no matter how good that book is, it can only be a model, and models are deficient by definition.

I could as easily claim that the work of Burroughs was divinely inspired and that John Carter had also already stated what was on Mars. Since it was a divinely inspired book, you have no way of disputing me. You can try, but you will always come up against the unassailable truth that Burroughs was divinely inspired. All you can do at that point is to try to show he was not, but all that will do is make me more sure that he was.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:46 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,654,908 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or