U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:32 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,603,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
He cannot, and will not, answer that question because his blind faith will not allow the possibility to exist. Like a horse wearing blinders never knowing what is right beside them.
Thank you, Tek_Freek.

I am not "like a horse wearing blinders never knowing what is right beside them":

Such planets larger than our Earth with their day and night alternation, the specific axis inclination for each: to receive the required amount of heat according to their distances from the Sun ...etc. and all this was created uselessly and haphazardly!

While our Earth has been filled with 7 billion people in addition to their required food from animals and plants!

And here I remembered an aya of the Quran 3: 191
الَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللّهَ قِيَامًا وَقُعُودًا وَعَلَىَ جُنُوبِهِمْ وَيَتَفَكَّرُونَ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَذا بَاطِلاً سُبْحَانَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

The explanation:
(There – in the creation of the heavens and the earth [: the planets including the earth], and the alternation of the night and the day – are indicative signs [of a Wise Creator Who created them perfectly] to men having discerning hearts.

[Those] who remember God when they stand up, sit down and recline,

and contemplate in the creation of the heavens and the earth [: the planets including the earth], [then say]:

"Our Lord, not in vain have You created this [universe!] Glory be to You! Protect us from the torment of the Fire.")

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
OY VEY!!!!!
I shall lead the people of Mars to deal with you

Old 12-02-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
There are deeper truths in religious texts. Men on Mars aren't one of those.
Why not the second aya in the first soora of the book of the Quran says:

الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّالْعَالَمِينَ
The explanation:
(Praise be to God, the Lord of the worldS)

The planets are inhabited

Last edited by eanassir; 12-02-2011 at 01:34 AM..

Old 12-02-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
The 2.5 billion dollar Mars mission is a big waste of money which could be put to far better useage for the country. Mars isnt going to be inhabitable for many decades/centuries to come until we have the technology to make it suitable for human beings ... and by that time America will be insolvent ,called 'Little China' , and/or will be irrepairably destroyed by a first strike nuclear war . I say put the 2.5 billion dollars into the unemployment kitty until the U.S. can provide jobs to people who want to work so they can avoid becoming the next homeless citizen. Scratch the entire Space Program except for maintaining the many satellites we depend on daily --- that should be the extent of our Space Program until far better times (which arent coming) . Call me a Pessimist, but a Realist also

They may think to save their economy by colonizing on Mars and plunder the wealth of its people like what they are doing now to the Arab (petrol) countries. And here on Mars they certainly need their agent 007

Last edited by eanassir; 12-02-2011 at 01:40 AM..

Old 12-02-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
{sigh} Yeah, I know. It just bothers me something fierce when I see this. What a waste of a mind...
Is it the waste of mind to say: Mars is inhabited?

Old 12-02-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Even though we might dismiss eanassir's claim of men living on Mars as fantasy, we still look to see if there is some kind of life. Do we dare ask ourselves how much of that is science, and how much of it is a hidden drive that we don't even recognize, the unwillingness to think that Lowell was entirely wrong?
Thank you, harry chickpea.

I gave you an example of their idea about water on Mars:

At the start they said:

>> it is only the frozen CO2
>> then said it is the sublimation and only ice and vapor of the water do exist on Mars.
>> Then they saw the cloud and said it is only ice cloud,
>> then they saw fog,
>> then they saw some drops dribbling on the foot of the Lander.
>> then they saw some images with alteration and change in seasonal manner and they said: yes, it is the flowing water now on Mars, not billions of years ago.

Of course all this is science, and while yesterday they said: water only existed some billions of years ago, they came next day and said: Now it flows on Mars. (of course there is a great difference between billions of year and now.)

At the satrt they said much diference of temperature, and there is sublimation, but they now need to give other explanations -- and again all this of course is science.

Therefore, why this insisting that no life and no intelligent life on Mars: if they just find it reasonable that water now flows on Mars: no sublimation, and no freezing at the equator then !

I tell you some open secret: The atheist (and the idolater: the associater) incline to deny and reject the possibility of life on Mars and the planets; becaue this will demolish his doctrines and postulations.

The journey to Mars is successful

The emigration to Mars

Old 12-02-2011, 01:31 PM

5,203 posts, read 8,205,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Why not the second aya in the first soora of the book of the Quran says:

الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّالْعَالَمِينَ
The explanation:
(Praise be to God, the Lord of the worldS)

I can't read Arabic text, so I have no idea what the text above says, and it's probably fair to say that most other C-D members can't read it either. When you give an "explanation", do you mean a "translation" from Arabic to English?

Does the Quran actually say that Mars is inhabited with people, villages, etc.? What about the Moon, Venus and Mercury? Are they inhabited? If not, then does the text above mean that God is not Lord of uninhabited worlds? Or does it simply a way of referring to the entire universe, including all planets, whether they are inhabited or not? After all, if God was the creator of the universe, then don't you think He would be Lord of everything in it?

I could be wrong, but didn't you at one time say that Al-Hilly's views have been rejected by most Muslims? I wonder why? Your views aren't based on the Quran, but rather based on the late Al-Hilly's own personal opinions of he thought was supported by the Quran.

I'm not saying you can't think there might be people on Mars. what I'm saying is that without evidence proving it, then it's nothing more than wild speculation.

I realize you are not conclusively saying there are in fact people living on Mars, but you do seem quite convinced about it and very certain that it's true. Once again I will ask you, what if no people, villages, plants and animals are found on Mars? You continue to ignore answering this simple question.

That's not to say it's impossible that life my have once existed on Mars. It's even possible there might still be life on Mars, but that doesn't mean talking about people, villages, plants and animals. If life ever did, or still does exist on the Red Planet, it's most likely microbial in size, perhaps some kind of bacteria living below the surface.

Speaking of temperatures on Mars, when the orbit of Mars is at its closest point to the Sun, temperatures at certain areas on the planet can be above freezing, with the warmest extreme at about 81°F (27°C), but that would only be for a very short period of time, probably lasting not much longer than a few minutes. Otherwise, it's pretty cold, with night temperatures and temps at the poles being the coldest. Temps obtained from Viking Landers reached a high of 1.0°F (-17.2°C), but they were also at different latitudes. I don't know about any of the rovers, but the Curiosity rover should be able to provide a lot of different temperature readings.
(See info in "Heat Rejection System" of link below)
Mars Science Laboratory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Climate of Mars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM

5,203 posts, read 8,205,785 times
Quote:
Is it the waste of mind to say: Mars is inhabited?
Without evidence showing that it is in fact inhabited by people, animals, etc., then yes, it amounts to nothing more than a wild vivid imagination.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:56 PM

10,959 posts, read 23,496,979 times
Quote:
They may think to save their economy by colonizing on Mars and plunder the wealth of its people like what they are doing now to the Arab (petrol) countries. And here on Mars they certainly need their agent 007
First off since you have no proof to claim intelligent life on Mars exists and how would it save the US economy since to colonize mars would take vast resources and all the Resources on mars would be used to build up the Colony.

Since if Humans do get there they would be on their own with no help from earth mounting a Rescue mission possible since it takes 9 months to get there.

Plus mars is a long expensive journey so even if there was a Oil deposit it would cost alot to develop a drilling platforn then ship it back unless people will pay $100,000 a Gallon.

Space Travel and any future colony will be powered by Nuclear power and if we can finally get Fusion to become viable and get a few decades with it working here without any issues would be the best source for power.

And here on Mars they certainly need their agent 007

Well Here on Earth James Bond is a fictional character and did not know Mars had Internet access and that You have been there.

I guess I missed the Manned Mars Mission... So I guess it was a success and you even made first contact hey on your way back grab some dirt and some plants and dont forget to take lots of pictures and we will make sure to load up Sean connery to send next time.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:20 AM

1,602 posts, read 2,760,421 times
Quote:
Curiosity has just gone to Mars.

This time they chose a place more suitable than the previous sites of landing.
It is the Gale Crater: it has a mountain in its middle about 5 km high.

The previous landings were either in the desert of Mars or in the deserted regions near the pole. That is because they were afraid lest their rover should be destroyed on the rocks of the mountains.

Now they will land at the periphery of this region, then they will proceed towards the central mountainous region.

They discovered there is now flowing water on Mars, and while the high mountains of Mars are covered by ice on their tops, so the water - like on Earth - will percolate in the ground to spring in the mountain slopes and the valleys below, and there the villages, people, birds, animals and plants.

The journey to Mars is successful
A highly dubvious source of informantion. I like 'The Martian Chronicles' better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or