U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:13 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,603,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Granted, you're right that the entire surface of Mars has not been viewed foot by foot. The landers and rovers have seen very small details, although they only covered an extremely tiny portion of the surface. However, some of the orbiters have photographed most of the surface of Mars with enough detail to spot any villages, houses, people, trees, animals, rivers and other surface water, etc. So far nothing like that has been spotted. Nothing but rocks, craters, sand, canyons, extinct volcanos, ice, dust devils, etc. Haven't you seen any of the images from JPL and ESA? So where is everyone? Where are all the trees, the villages, and everything else you think are there?

No one has said the entire surface is frozen, if by frozen you mean frozen with ice. If it were, there'd be no massive duststorms or dustdevils. That doesn't mean the average temperatures there is like a trip to the tropics though.

The viewing of the Martian surface was not that precise. It was never like Google earth. The equipment, the capability and the distance was not suitable for such communication. That is because of the high distance the orbiters are from Mars, and from Earth also.

I mean the temperature on the entire surface of Mars was claimed to be very low: to let any existing water to freeze if it exists. This what they discussed with me, alleged and denied at many forums, here and elsewhere. This was more than 2 years ago.
The Quran foretells meeting with the people of Mars.

And see here what some objected to one of my threads in this forum:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/9891150-post29.html

They also claimed if any water exists, it will sublimate from the ice form to the vapor form directly without passing in the liquid condition.

But now if we view Mars in general, we see: 2 poles with ice caps, ice on tops of some mountains, equatorial regions devoid of ice + the cloud, the fog, the seasonal change of images.

It is like Earth situation in many aspects.

The journey to Mars is successful

Last edited by eanassir; 12-11-2011 at 10:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 12:42 PM

5,203 posts, read 8,205,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The viewing of the Martian surface was not that precise. It was never like Google earth. The equipment, the capability and the distance was not suitable for such communication. That is because of the high distance the orbiters are from Mars, and from Earth also.
That's sheer nonsense. It's not so much about the altitude above the surface of Mars, as it is the how detailed the images are to view the surface from more recent orbiters. I think I already mentioned this, but I recently looked at Bangkok, Thailand using Google Maps. It could be magnified to reveal objects like cars, trucks, streets, houses, etc. I don't think people could be seen though. I looked at my own house, and there was enough detail that if someone was standing outside, you could see them, although not with any great detail. Come to think of it, there are images from Google Earth that show individual people.

Quote:
I mean the temperature on the entire surface of Mars was claimed to be very low: to let any existing water to freeze if it exists. This what they discussed with me, alleged and denied at many forums, here and elsewhere. This was more than 2 years ago.
The Quran foretells meeting with the people of Mars.

And see here what some objected to one of my threads in this forum:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/9891150-post29.html

They also claimed if any water exists, it will sublimate from the ice form to the vapor form directly without passing in the liquid condition.
First of all, that thread and post dates back to May 2009. Secondly, it's not a science forum. However, the average temperature on the surface of Mars is extremely cold. There are locations that can get quite warm, but that's most likely for a matter of minutes at most out of a Martian year. There are reasons why Mars is so cold. For one, it's average distance from the Sun. For another, it's atmosphere is extremely thin. If you climbed up to the top of Mt. Everest, you're not going to be warm, in a large part because the air is very thin up there.

Quote:
But now if we view Mars in general, we see: 2 poles with ice caps, ice on tops of some mountains, equatorial regions devoid of ice + the cloud, the fog, the seasonal change of images.

It is like Earth situation in many aspects.

The journey to Mars is successful
What??? You're joking, right? You're basing your knowledge on old Hubble photos looking at the entire planet of Mars? Hubble is not in orbit around Mars. You need to look at images that are more up to date. The images on your website date back to 1997-2003. There are much better images of the surface now.

Sure, in many ways Mars is similar to Earth, but it's not the same as Earth. Where are the Martian villages? Where are the trees? Are Martian houses the size of cereal boxes? Yes, that would be hard to spot.

You have still repeatedly ignored my question: What if there are no people, villages, plants and animals on Mars, as you assume there might be? If your view turned out to be correct, I'd be extremely surprised, and more than willing to say you were right all along. What about you?

Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
That's sheer nonsense. It's not so much about the altitude above the surface of Mars, as it is the how detailed the images are to view the surface from more recent orbiters. I think I already mentioned this, but I recently looked at Bangkok, Thailand using Google Maps. It could be magnified to reveal objects like cars, trucks, streets, houses, etc. I don't think people could be seen though. I looked at my own house, and there was enough detail that if someone was standing outside, you could see them, although not with any great detail. Come to think of it, there are images from Google Earth that show individual people.
I don't object to Google Earth; I say the images from Mars are not so precise like the Google Earth images are.

Quote:
First of all, that thread and post dates back to May 2009.
It was written more than 2 years ago. While the interpreter said this since 1947.

Quote:
Secondly, it's not a science forum.
The truth is the truth whether in a science forum or not.

Quote:
However, the average temperature on the surface of Mars is extremely cold. There are locations that can get quite warm, but that's most likely for a matter of minutes at most out of a Martian year. There are reasons why Mars is so cold. For one, it's average distance from the Sun. For another, it's atmosphere is extremely thin. If you climbed up to the top of Mt. Everest, you're not going to be warm, in a large part because the air is very thin up there.
I said this to prove their words about Mars were wrong: all the surface has a freezing very low temperature, and now they said: there is a more moderate temperature: this will be a hint to the existence of flowing water and life.

Is the temperature on Earth warm or freezing cold?
You will find diversity: some regions are cold and others are freezing. while the earth has its particular distance from the Sun.

So eventhough Mars is far in distance from the Sun more than the Earth is from the Sun.

There are other factors which determine is the planet cold or hot: the axis inclination, and the speed of spinning around itself.

Quote:
What??? You're joking, right? You're basing your knowledge on old Hubble photos looking at the entire planet of Mars? Hubble is not in orbit around Mars. You need to look at images that are more up to date. The images on your website date back to 1997-2003. There are much better images of the surface now.
Even the present images of Mars show defect in the resolution; so that if you try to magnify such images the clear view will disappear. Try it yourself: it will be clear only to some extent.

Quote:
Sure, in many ways Mars is similar to Earth, but it's not the same as Earth.
I did not say it is the same as Earth.

Quote:
Where are the Martian villages? Where are the trees? Are Martian houses the size of cereal boxes? Yes, that would be hard to spot.
Now yes, that would be hard to spot; but in the future, we hope these will be discovered.

Quote:
You have still repeatedly ignored my question: What if there are no people, villages, plants and animals on Mars, as you assume there might be? If your view turned out to be correct, I'd be extremely surprised, and more than willing to say you were right all along. What about you?
I said: almost, they will find people; but if they don't find people now, it does not rule out the people existing there. This will be proved true in the future: may be the near future.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 AM

Why I said this thread:

1- To show their denial of the intelligent life on Mars and the planets, and their insisting on denial.
2- To show that the Quran tells us that there are intelligent beings on the planets; and this is before this has been proved.

Therefore, to prove to people that the Quran is the authentic and true word of God, when they see its words are fulfilled in truth and reality.

(We will show them Our portents [or signs]
on the horizons [of the sky]
and among themselves,
until it will become manifest to them that [the Quran] is the truth.
Is it not enough that your Lord [O Mohammed] does witness all things?)

The above between brackets is the explanation of the Quran 41: 53
سَنُرِيهِمْ آيَاتِنَا فِي الْآفَاقِ وَفِي أَنفُسِهِمْ حَتَّى يَتَبَيَّنَ لَهُمْ أَنَّهُ الْحَقُّ أَوَلَمْ يَكْفِ بِرَبِّكَ أَنَّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ شَهِيدٌ

For more details see the subject of The portents that will come on that day at this link and above it :
The Awaited Mehdi

Last edited by eanassir; 12-19-2011 at 10:14 AM..

Old 12-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Status: "living in a political world, where mercy walks the plank" (set 11 days ago)

21,721 posts, read 22,528,536 times
No reason to mollycoddle these Martians. Send the IRS up there and present them a bill for back-taxes due and snap off one of their antennae if they complain.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
No reason to mollycoddle these Martians. Send the IRS up there and present them a bill for back-taxes due and snap off one of their antennae if they complain.

The reason why atheists and idolaters are unwilling about the existence of life on Mars:

1- This is because when life is proved on Mars and the planets, then their evolution theory will fall, and the creation of life elsewhere on the planets will weaken their postulation of a spontaeous life appearing according to the evolution.

2- The other reason for idolaters and the enthusiastics about Jesus, saints, Jewish sages, imams and sheikhs:

Because people on Mars and the rest of the planets do not know Jesus, the saints, the sages, the imams and sheikhs; but the extraterrestrials know the Creator: the Almighty and Most Gracious.

Therefore, it will be evident to people that our prophets: Jesus, Moses and Mohammed are not parts in the creation of the universe, but that God alone is the True Master and that all the prophets and apostles are only His servants.

And that Jesus (and others) is not the alpha and omega as is it fabricated.

And it is only God that is the Eternal and Everlasting.

Patron Saints Index

Last edited by eanassir; 12-19-2011 at 01:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or