Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 06:51 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times

Advertisements

Stephen Hawking - Rocket to the Future - YouTube
This is how we would need to travel to explore our nearby solar system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 08:20 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Curiosity has just gone to Mars.

This time they chose a place more suitable than the previous sites of landing.
It is the Gale Crater: it has a mountain in its middle about 5 km high.

The previous landings were either in the desert of Mars or in the deserted regions near the pole. That is because they were afraid lest their rover should be destroyed on the rocks of the mountains.

Now they will land at the periphery of this region, then they will proceed towards the central mountainous region.

They discovered there is now flowing water on Mars, and while the high mountains of Mars are covered by ice on their tops, so the water - like on Earth - will percolate in the ground to spring in the mountain slopes and the valleys below, and there the villages, people, birds, animals and plants.

The planets are inhabited

The journey to Mars is successful
OY VEY!!!!!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
He cannot, and will not, answer that question because his blind faith will not allow the possibility to exist. Like a horse wearing blinders never knowing what is right beside them.
He could easily explain the the alien no-show on a government conspiracy. It would make perfect sense to someone in a particular frame of mind.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
OY VEY!!!!!
I searched Google and found that graphic. Good for an emergency when the Mods aren't awake.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:41 AM

23,596 posts, read 70,402,242 times
It would be much easier if he was a troll. Indoctrinated, gullible, and sadly unreasoning come more to mind. There are deeper truths in religious texts. Men on Mars aren't one of those.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:14 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
{sigh} Yeah, I know. It just bothers me something fierce when I see this. What a waste of a mind...

Old 11-30-2011, 09:27 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,204 times
Quote:
Curiosity has just gone to Mars.

This time they chose a place more suitable than the previous sites of landing.
It is the Gale Crater: it has a mountain in its middle about 5 km high.

The previous landings were either in the desert of Mars or in the deserted regions near the pole. That is because they were afraid lest their rover should be destroyed on the rocks of the mountains.

Now they will land at the periphery of this region, then they will proceed towards the central mountainous region.

They discovered there is now flowing water on Mars, and while the high mountains of Mars are covered by ice on their tops, so the water - like on Earth - will percolate in the ground to spring in the mountain slopes and the valleys below, and there the villages, people, birds, animals and plants.

The journey to Mars is successful
The 2.5 billion dollar Mars mission is a big waste of money which could be put to far better useage for the country. Mars isnt going to be inhabitable for many decades/centuries to come until we have the technology to make it suitable for human beings ... and by that time America will be insolvent ,called 'Little China' , and/or will be irrepairably destroyed by a first strike nuclear war . I say put the 2.5 billion dollars into the unemployment kitty until the U.S. can provide jobs to people who want to work so they can avoid becoming the next homeless citizen. Scratch the entire Space Program except for maintaining the many satellites we depend on daily --- that should be the extent of our Space Program until far better times (which arent coming) . Call me a Pessimist, but a Realist also

Old 11-30-2011, 10:27 AM

23,596 posts, read 70,402,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
{sigh} Yeah, I know. It just bothers me something fierce when I see this. What a waste of a mind...
Tip of the iceberg. Sometimes, just sometimes, the people who hold the most extreme positions get sudden insight and realize what is going on. Much more concerning are those who hide and deflect internally and refuse to expose their thoughts at all. Religions can be safe places for those who don't trust themselves to hide, and it obviously isn't just Islam and Christian extremist thought that holds that power. Speaking openly can be dangerous and self-ostracizing.

Don't distance yourself by saying to yourself that eanassir's stuff is just nonsense based in the Koran, and since you don't believe in the Koran that it is easily dismissed as middle-east hogwash.

Schiaperelli created the early maps of Mars, and named features. He called some “caneli,” or channels in Italian, which got mistranslated into canals.

Percival Lowell, an American (who got an observatory named after him), wrote with certainty that the canals on Mars were artificially-made and promoted the belief in advanced life forms on the Red Planet.

Did eanassir's source somehow pick up on that and try to find correlation in his Holy Book? If so, eanassir was duped less by his Holy Book than Lowell. Interesting twist, huh?

Ultimately, the only way people can even begin to read any holy book or science paper is through education *NOT* training or teaching, but education that is constantly questioning itself as well as others. Had I been a teen in the 600s, I'd have been afraid of the power of those lights in the night sky. Had I been a teen in 1900, I'd have been interested in somehow going to Mars to see the canals and lifeforms. (Do my John Carter references make more sense now?) As humanity, we tend to increase our knowledge, understanding, and power over time. It doesn't happen to all of us at once, nor is the growth consistent. I might know something advanced about one thing and be totally clueless about another, while you and eanassir are aware and educated in that subject.

Even though we might dismiss eanassir's claim of men living on Mars as fantasy, we still look to see if there is some kind of life. Do we dare ask ourselves how much of that is science, and how much of it is a hidden drive that we don't even recognize, the unwillingness to think that Lowell was entirely wrong?

FWIW, Islam was promoting the translating a lot of ancient philosophical and scientific texts in the 900s, but one person in particular suffered a schism which set science back. Al-Ghazzali a prominent leader, was troubled by the contradictions and donned the Sufi coat, I believe completely misunderstanding the important mystic traditions and meanings, and by doing so effectively stopped serious scientific inquiry in favor of a rigid society. But then, I could be totally wrong.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:52 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,619,551 times
Quote:
The religion of Mars people

God - be glorified - let man have the free will to choose whatever he likes of doctrines: i.e. He explained to them the correct way, but did not oblige them to follow this correct way: He let them choose:

if they choose the correct way of the right guidance --> He will reward them;

but if they choose to be ungrateful and blaspheme --> He will punish them.

So I expect the same as with our people on Earth: the same will be for the people of Mars and the planets: you will find it in this way:

God sends them His envoys: the apostles out of themselves: He chooses some of them and reveal to them His instructions and they will tell their people the Commandments of God.

Then people will respond in different ways: some of them will believe, and the others will disbelieve: i.e.

>> God will guide the kind-hearted men to believe so they will prosper in the afterlife,

>> and He will misguide the wicked and wrong-doers so they will be punished in the afterlife.

Therefore, on Mars: people knows God the Creator, but will call Him by other names,

and they have their own apostles and prophets, but they do not know about our apostles: Moses, Jesus and Mohammed.

So, the discovery of people on Mars will refute the enthusiasm about Moses, Jesus, Mohammed and others when people will discover that the inhabitants of the planets know God but do not know our apostles.

LOL ... i hadn't realised that acid (LSD) was making a comeback from it's heyday during the late 60's /early 70's

Old 12-01-2011, 11:03 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Thanks. The late Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly claimed there are people, animals and plants on Mars. Can you provide any other sources of information that is reliable? Or is that the only source you rely on?

BTW, if he didn't graduate from any primary, secondary school, college or university, or religious school, then it can be said he was uneducated. For example, my own grandparents and great-grandparents never went to school. They were uneducated, but that doesn't mean they were ignorant about everything. They were able to raise families, had skills to provide food and shelter, and lived their lives to ages 90 to 98.

You still haven't answered the question. What if no people, villages, plants and animals are found on Mars?
Thank you, NightBazaar.

The interpreter of the Quran and the Bible was an inspired man: he had 25 doublefolds of the science that scientists have (as is it mentioned in the books of the narrations that the promised interpreter of the Quran will also be acquainted about the correction of the Bible, and will have 25 doublefolds of your sciences in addition to the fold that you have ):

and that is by inspiration, not by studying and learning.

So he told you logical things and stated simple ture facts, yet people don't know such things and are unaware of and uncertain about.

Therefore, he said many things as Jesus Christ foretold:
John 14: Jesus said:

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate [originally the paraclete or the Comforter or Elia of the Last Days], the Holy Spirit, whom the Lord will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

John 15:
26 “When the Advocate [originally the paraclete or the Comforter] comes, whom I will send to you from the Lord—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Lord—he will testify about me."

John 16:
12I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

The Spirit [of truth] will receive from me what he will make known to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man knew the reading and writing of Arabic and he read some parts of some selected books, but as I said: he did not graduate at any school.

Therefore, now I tell you according to the late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible:

Yes, there are people, animals and plants on Mars and the rest of the planets

with the exception of Mercury and Venus on which life has been terminated following their cessation from axial spinning;

so that Mercury stopped at first leading to its Doomed situation, and at the start it was like Venus at the present time with its thick smoke in the atmosphere, then Mercury lost its atmosphere into the outer space and now it is without atmosphere [or may be very thin atmosphere.]

Last edited by eanassir; 12-01-2011 at 11:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space