U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:11 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,610,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
That makes 5 this year, must be an all-time record...

Russia Botches Another Rocket Launch : Discovery News
Odd how rocket technology seems to be getting worse as time progresses...but yet int the 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's with inferior rocket designs...things seemed to hum along great...just something to think about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I sincerely hope this causes those morons in Congress to boost funding to NASA to develop the next LEO vehicle to the ISS. Or at least give enough funding to NASA to subcontract it out.
They are not 'moron's...and the new generation of 'shuttles' or whatever, have been in planning for decades...those in top secret positions, within the government are way ahead of you on this...they just need you to pay your taxes to fund it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh, please. Constellation - in particular Ares-1 - needed canceling. It had degraded into an absolute parody of pork-barrel spending, cost overruns and delays. NASA doesn't exist to keep Morton-Thiokol's solid-fuel division afloat.
Good point...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 11:52 AM

15,924 posts, read 17,648,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Odd how rocket technology seems to be getting worse as time progresses...but yet int the 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's with inferior rocket designs...things seemed to hum along great...just something to think about...
Would you please do research on a topic instead of showing us your total ignorance on it?

Just something to think about...

Quote:
They are not 'moron's...and the new generation of 'shuttles' or whatever, have been in planning for decades...those in top secret positions, within the government are way ahead of you on this...they just need you to pay your taxes to fund it...
You have no idea what you're talking about other than "government conspiracy".

Hopefully whenever you are promoted to the 5th grade they'll teach you how to intelligently discuss a subject...

Shuttles or whatever,

Old 01-08-2012, 12:37 PM

If I had even known that you were remotely connected with this thread, I would not have responded...but then I went back and looked and I was like 'Oh no, the first person I quoted or corrected was plwhit'.....

I did not even notice that last night...I simply saw a poster that was 'off' in their accessment of things, and felt they needed correcting...but I had no idea it was you I was correcting...

Get over it...

Old 01-08-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I did not even notice that last night...I simply saw a poster that was 'off' in their accessment of things, and felt they needed correcting...but I had no idea it was you I was correcting...

Get over it...
Still can't spell

Still in know-it-all mode

How was I off in the OP?

Old 01-08-2012, 12:54 PM

And please T&S, no posts from your fantasy world where BS gushes forth from your fingers with facts you cannot back up....

Old 01-08-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Still can't spell

Still in know-it-all mode

How was I off in the OP?
Well Ok, it's not that you were 'off'...

I was simply trying to help you see a larger picture...

Like how is it that more rockets are blowing up now, than say 30 years ago??

It seems in the 1960's man could go to mars, venus, wherever...

But now, in 2011...rockets are blowing up left and right....

Just trying to help you see the bigger picture...

But again...I did not know it was you...

I didn't even notice the user name...I just saw 'Rockets blow up'...and drawn in from that title...

Old 01-08-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Well Ok, it's not that you were 'off'...

I was simply trying to help you see a larger picture...

Like how is it that more rockets are blowing up now, than say 30 years ago??

It seems in the 1960's man could go to mars, venus, wherever...

But now, in 2011...rockets are blowing up left and right....

Just trying to help you see the bigger picture...

But again...I did not know it was you...
Off-topic post, BS like this belongs in the I See Things No-One Else Sees forum....

http://dev/null/forums/IseeThingsno_oneElseSees.bs.edu (http://dev/null/IseeThingsno_oneElseSees.edu - broken link)

Quote:
I didn't even notice the user name...I just saw 'Rockets blow up'...and drawn in from that title...
This proves you are incompetent even at reading, nowhere in the OP does it say that...

You always seem to have a memory loss as to what the title of OP's are so let me refresh your memory:

Russia Botches Another Rocket Launch

To help you understand the English language here is the definition of the word botch, and as you can read (hopefully) "blows up" is not there:

botch (bch)tr.v. botched, botch·ing, botch·es
To ruin through clumsiness.
2. To make or perform clumsily; bungle.
3. To repair or mend clumsily.

n.1. A ruined or defective piece of work: "I have made a miserable botch of this description" (Nathaniel Hawthorne).
2. A hodgepodge.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/botch

Last edited by plwhit; 01-08-2012 at 01:39 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Off-topic post, BS like this belongs in the I See Things No-One Else Sees forum....

http://dev/null/forums/IseeThingsno_oneElseSees.bs.edu (http://dev/null/IseeThingsno_oneElseSees.edu - broken link)

This proves you are incompetent even at reading, nowhere in the OP does it say that...

You always seem to have a memory loss as to what the title of OP's are so let me refresh your memory:

Russia Botches Another Rocket Launch

To help you understand the English language here is the definition of the word botch, and as you can read (hopefully) "blows up" is not there:

botch (bch)tr.v. botched, botch·ing, botch·es
1. To ruin through clumsiness.
2. To make or perform clumsily; bungle.
3. To repair or mend clumsily.

n.1. A ruined or defective piece of work: "I have made a miserable botch of this description" (Nathaniel Hawthorne).
2. A hodgepodge.

botch - definition of botch by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Ok fine...it botched up, instead of blowing up...either way it failed to reach orbit...and was considered a fail launch...

I have a question for you...if you don't know just say 'I do not know'...

It pertains to 'balance'....

Ever tried to balance a broom stick from your palm?
The broom wants to fall or topple over, and you have to move our body, hand, arm, to counter that...

How does a rocket not topple over moments after take off?

It's moving slow, it's long and tall...like a broom handle, yet it doesn't topple over...why not?

Can you explain that?

Old 01-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Ok fine...it botched up, instead of blowing up...either way it failed to reach orbit...and was considered a fail launch...
Again you show your ignorance, it did reach orbit and in fact it's still in orbit...

Quote:
I have a question for you...if you don't know just say 'I do not know'...

It pertains to 'balance'....

Ever tried to balance a broom stick from your palm?
The broom wants to fall or topple over, and you have to move our body, hand, arm, to counter that...

How does a rocket not topple over moments after take off?

It's moving slow, it's long and tall...like a broom handle, yet it doesn't topple over...why not?

Can you explain that?

The only balance I'm concerned about is your mental health, as I pleaded with you in another thread PLEASE SEEK PSYCHIATRIC HELP...

Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 PM

You're wierd....

Anyways...

If anyone else can answer that question I'd appreciate it...

How does a rocket stay 'balanced' moments after take off?

What forces keep it from toppling over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or