Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did men really land on the moon?
Yes 51 91.07%
No 2 3.57%
I don't know 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:03 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,307,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Besides the fact this thread contains the only poll that is 100% in agreement it also has the distinction of being the only thread ever hijacked by it's owner, not once but several times

But wait a minute, I'll have to do additional research on that....

Hopefully the OP will soon start posting in /dev/null/Science_and_Technology (HINT)

Listen and listen well dear Watson...(and you to ashville)

In order to get to the bottom of this, we have to examine, study, the entirety of the situation...like investigating a case...(I would not want you as my defense lawyer)...

Any good detective knows they never know where a case will lead them...you have to gather evidence and consider all angles before you come to any conclusion...anything less is sloppy, and or lazy...

In my quest to determine if man indeed went to the moon...I have learned much...there are other 'suspects'...one of those being 'radiation'...

a. electromagnetic waves
b. atomic nuclui

We've learned the effects prolonged exposer to both, has on the body.
We've learned about millirems...
The average person accumilates around 3-4 millirems a year...
A space shuttle astronaut recieves around 25,000 in one trip!!

So 'x' factor is what does an apollo astronaut recieve after plowing threw Allen belt, and then being exposed to open space for weeks?

Also we have learned what some of those side effects are...
a. sterile (no sprm)
b. deminished mental capabilities...(radiation effects stem cell something)
c. Mutation...electrons within atoms are sent off their proper orbit..(cancer)...or jabba...

Therefore...in order to know for sure whether these men went to the moon...they themselves would have to be examined....

The evidence lies in them, for their bodies cannot lie....

Radiation is an accumilative thing...your radio activity remains the same, never drops...so the former apollo atronauts bodies should reflect this...

Tools we need...
a. Isatope...device used to measure radiation levels within body...

The evidence lies within the Astronauts themselves,
not tiny dots on the lunar surface which no one can distinguish, or that could have been left there by unmanned spacecraft...

(sprm count...by all accounts these men should be sterile, and we need to test for cancer rates among former astronauts, and measure that with the general population...ok...)

Summary...

The evidence lies in the body of the astronauts themselves...and if I had such powers, would sapena them to appear before the court of public opinion for a radon test.....

Last edited by Time and Space; 01-03-2012 at 11:12 PM..

Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,124,173 times

Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 PM

Default Movie 'The right Stuff' 1983....Apollo Astronauts...

Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult (5/10) Movie CLIP - Sperm Bank (1994) HD - YouTube

I couldn't find the original footage from the movie..but while during research came upon this movie instead, where the man above has to donate to science...to prove his 'sprm count'....

And this is the kind of test, along with other tests, that must be done to the former astronauts, in order to see if they were actually in space...

In the original 'The right Stuff' movie...I now understand why similuar excercises were done to the astronauts prior to going into space...

Now I know...

Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,598,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
NightBazaar, kudos for humoring this kid, but why? Are you just bored tonight?
LOL! Thanks. I gave it a shot (to no avail), and seeing how this is now heading in the same direction as the "Zombie Apocolypse" thread, I'm not sure there's much else to say. It's beginning to sound like some of the old 50s & 60s sci-fi mutant flicks of giant ants and spiders, and of course Godzilla, all caused by the folly of atomic bomb testing. I liked how some of the concluded with "THE END" followed by a giant question mark. Think I'll head over to the Funny Links board for a while.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 PM

46,806 posts, read 25,709,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Tools we need...
a. Isatope...device used to measure radiation levels within body...
<whimper>

Old 01-03-2012, 11:39 PM

plwhit

You know plwhit, any one with a brain can see I'm making sound logical sense...

Your the one acting childish and leap frogging my posts, instead of addressing them...

If you would learn how to read and comprehend stuff...maybe you could follow along...

And instead of playing silly games, how about responding to my posts, and the content within....

If your just here to play games, and undermine my investigation...go somewhere else please...

Old 01-03-2012, 11:40 PM

46,806 posts, read 25,709,475 times
This sprang to mind...

Buzz Aldrin Punches Bart Sibrel - YouTube

Old 01-04-2012, 12:30 AM

15,913 posts, read 20,124,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
plwhit

You know plwhit, any one with a brain can see I'm making sound logical sense...

Your the one acting childish and leap frogging my posts, instead of addressing them...

If you would learn how to read and comprehend stuff...maybe you could follow along...

And instead of playing silly games, how about responding to my posts, and the content within....

If your just here to play games, and undermine my investigation...go somewhere else please...
The topic is; 'NASA Probe enters lunar orbit'...I'm tired of the excuses, if man really landed there, I want visual proof!

How to Hijack a Thread

Or, A Primer in Antisocial Attention-Seeking (http://scienceblogs.com/drugmonkey/2008/12/problem_what_gender_problem.php#comments - broken link)

Lay your groundwork. Watch the group interaction. Make yourself known to the community. Engage on a topic or two. **** a few people off so they'll react to you reliably later.

Watch for your chance. If the blog is any good, the host and/or community practices some sort of moderation, active or passive. You'll have to catch them on a busy day or heated topic to get them to feed trolls.

Commit to the campaign. Prepare not to have a life for the duration. Refresh frequently and respond to everything before anyone else can. Drown anyone speaking in good faith in an avalanche of comments.

Build a fire. Say something known to be controversial. Be sure to compliment community members--in the most backhanded way possible. Extra points for dog whistles.

Make yourself the injured party. Recharacterize any objections to your statements as referenda on your character. Loudly protest your ignorance of even the concept of a dog whistle. Of course you didn't say that. Abuse yourself sarcastically in strong terms to show how misunderstood you are.

Limit your scope. If the conversation happens across several blogs, pick the one you want to make your own. Most of the community will gravitate to the comment threads where real discussion (http://scienceblogs.com/isisthescientist/2008/12/sexism_in_science_is_not_dead.php - broken link) is happening, leaving a smaller field for you to manipulate.

Divide the community. Pick out a couple of people to side with. Ideally, these should be people with a history of both arguing with the community and making at least occasional good points. Agree broadly as soon as they say anything reasonable, so that anyone else who wants to agree with them must also agree with you.

Deflect topical discussion. Engage with everyone who still wants to discuss the idea at hand. However, don't engage with them on the topic. If you can turn them to talking about your behavior, this is a plus, but any sideline or distraction will do.

Deny group authority. Insist that if anyone wants to judge your behavior, they must also judge the behavior of all community members by the same standards. Point to their reactions to your bad behavior as bad behavior that also needs to be censured. Ignore the fact that you haven't contributed to the community in the same way they have.

Prepare to lose. You've almost certainly chosen a blog where your disruption will be noticed. After all, that's what you're there for. The problem with avoiding chaos is that these people have come together for a reason--to talk to each other, not you. They're eventually going to go back to doing just that, closing up ranks, and you're going to have to find a new way, or a new blog, to get anyone to pay attention to you again.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
T&S, you think you should open a different thread on the hazards of radiation now that you have been provided with visual proof of the remnants of the moon buggy and other lunar garbage on the surface of the moon?

The topic is; 'NASA Probe enters lunar orbit'...I'm tired of the excuses, if man really landed there, I want visual proof!
No, absolutly not...cause it's all tied together...it's called 'string of evidence'....

Did you not read the post on the top of this page??

You can't keep leap frogging my posts, my inputs, and expect to have a meaningful conversation...which is designed to educate the uniformed...ok...

There's other things that must be taken into consideration other than tiny unidentifiable dots on the surface of the moon...

As I said above...the real evidence lies in the bodies of the astronauts...

The accumilative radiation effects in their bodies, and or side effects of such a trip...example, cancer, low sprm count ect ect...

The answer to this question lies within the astronauts body...their bodies will yield the answer...

Do you understand that or not?

The answers lie in their bodies...

And that is what I have concluded...

You should be thanking me....for being so deligent...

Old 01-04-2012, 12:44 AM

And thus, I make an open appeal to any of the former apollo astronauts...if your reading this...for the sake of settling this once and for all...would you be willing to submit to the test, and other tests, that this guy did...in order to see the physiological evidence of whether you were exposed to radiation or not...

Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult (5/10) Movie CLIP - Sperm Bank (1994) HD - YouTube

At least this man here was brave enough to under go the test...
even though it's the wrong documentory...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space